Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How am I supposed to take/stay on antidepressants if they make me nauseous and...

and I can't bring myself to keep eating?

Default Re: How am I supposed to take/stay on antidepressants if they make me nauseous and...

That is my issue too. SSRI's make me very n* and twice made me v*.....I did have luck once and felt so much better on it, but can't bring myself to take them when they cause me to be ill

Default Re: How am I supposed to take/stay on antidepressants if they make me nauseous and...

alot of this feeling could come from anxiety from starting the meds. us emets are so worried about the side effects of drugs that i know we can "worry ourselves into n"

they say most side effects subside after a few weeks......so try and fight through it.......

prozac is truly my life saver
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree. Just really push through the side effects. The overall goal is to eliminate the anxiety. If you discontinue the medication, your problem won't get any better. I didn't have an appetite when I started sertraline, but I forced myself to eat. I just munched on things like pretzels and dry toast sprinkled with ground cinnamon and water, LOTS of water. Just hang in there. The side effects don't last for long.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

The side effects will go away. Perhaps ask your doc about giving you Zofran to take before you take em to prevent the nausea? That may help