Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: newbee

Unhappy newbee

I just joined the forum yesterday. I had no idea this was an actual phobia. My husband got SV this Monday and now my poor baby is getting over it. He's one yr old and I couldn't pull myself together and take care of him. My husband had to call into work to stay home with us. I feel so guilty and even though he's better today I'm home alone with him and terrified. I'm nervous that he's still contagious and that I might still get it. I've been barely eating because of a knotted nervous stomach and I've been doing as little touching as possible when taking care of a one year old. I'm a basket case.

Default Re: newbee

You're definitely not alone! Welcome to the forums. Hopefully the anxiety passes soon! Perhaps you can distract yourself with a game, book, or movie so you aren't so worried?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome! I'm new to the forums, too--I joined yesterday as well. I'm really sorry that you're going through this. Hopefully, you won't get it. I'm reminded of a time when my mom and I had a stomach virus when I was little, and my poor mom was too sick to take care of me. She had to call my dad to come home and take care of both of us. I wish your family the best!

I know what you mean. I have a one year old but she has never had a ST* yet. Usually when people have them I don't get them. I don't think they are airborn either. Just make sure you make your own food and sanitize all objects that they would touch. You will be okay! I am also a newbie I just started today. Can't seem to put up a picture.

Welcome I know the anxious feelings that you must be going through my husband and 9 year old went through the noro at christmas my daughter worse than my husband but i could not sleep or eat for days and it is a the feeling of waiting for it to get you but be reassured it may not it is no gaurantee so hang it there and as i have said many times on this site it is great on here for support and words of calm

Welcome fellow newbee. My family and I had one going through a few months ago and unfortunately I got it. Ironically I think it may have helped in a way with my anxiety. Hope you don't get it and hope you family gets well soon.