Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How long are SV contagious for?

Had a bit ofa breakthrough, got ill myself with a sv at the start of Jan and then became pretty confident I wouldnt catch another for a while and now its been a while so im back to square one

my friend nad her family had a sv before i went to mexico, i went away for 12 days and went to the cinema with them 9 days after i came back so it had been around 21 days since they had it or whatever... could i still catch it ?

feeling a bit worse for wear this eve, hot cant sti still throat hurts feel sick foods making me feel funny and slight bad stomach... gasy also

I dunno why im threading, just want to chat to someone really... being lonely is the worst for emets

Default Re: How long are SV contagious for?

A person with norovirus is contagious for two days after symptoms end. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gumdropper1: not true. They shed virus with feces for 3 weeks after symptoms are gone, which means if they don't wash hands for 20 sec with soap after using the bathroom, they have virus on their hands. They can easily spread virus all over. And how long norovirus can live on surfaces is anybody's guess, but certainly longer than 2 months.

I thought it was two weeks and even that was a bit of a stretch. I hear the virus can live on surfaces for up to a month though. Stubborn little bastard.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

If a person where to go to the bathroom and not wash their hands, it's not guaranteed that their hands even touched their feces. I would say after 3 weeks your chances would be slim to none but as long as you take precautions like washing your hands, not touching your faces, upping your vitamins, etc., I think you should be fine.