Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation If you were to (or did) vomit from your antidepressant, when did it happen? HELP ASAP

i started prozac at 2.5 mg last night and im afraid to eat now b/c my stomach feels upset

Default Re: If you were to (or did) vomit from your antidepressant, when did it happen? HELP

Ok so I noticed this post and nobody responded, so i'm at least here to help with the anxiety of the situation (I have never taken prozac, but I have taken pills that most people v* when they take them and I didn't). Stay calm... even if your stomach feels upset breathe and distract yourself. Don't focus your anxiety on the problem, that only makes it worse. When was the last time you ate? You could just be hungry and the phobia has convinced yourself that your going to v* when that is not the case at all.

Every time you start a new medication there is a chance it will upset your normal system, it is a foreign object going into you that is supposed to be changing some aspects of yourself (if that makes sense), so maybe its just taking some getting used to by your body.

Default Re: If you were to (or did) vomit from your antidepressant, when did it happen? HELP

I had to eat with my lexapro as I found if I had an empty tummy, I would get n* from it! I lived on mints and gingerale. If you feel really bad though, talk to your doc. That is how I got zofran to help me through it as I was causing myself to have panic attacks because of it (which very well what could be going on right now with you). You will get through it. It will go away. Don't give up!

When I was in the fourth grade (1995-'96), I took a medication for ADD called imipramine, and, needless to say, it made me vomit severely. There were many times where I wasn't able to make it to the toilet. It literally tore my stomach up. Ever since then, I've had problems with acid reflux. I don't take it anymore, though. I really sympathize with all of your agony, though. By the way, I take Lexapro and it doesn't bother me one bit. I hope things get better for you all!

i had it happen this year 6 times :/ :/ :/
    the first few times what happened was they messed up my perscription so i was taking WAY to much than i was supposed to be taking so it made me v*. the next few times it was because i hadn't eaten enough. then the last time was because i was going down on the meds at the same time i was on a new packet of birth control and the combo made me sick three nights in a row

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I once took sertraline for panic disorder, & it made me feel so sick that I had to get a prescrption for anti- emetics from my doctor (meclobramide). I eventually stopped the tablets & felt much better,& I don`t think that I`d ever take stuff like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by m2bivu View Post
    i started prozac at 2.5 mg last night and im afraid to eat now b/c my stomach feels upset
    I think that will be anxiety, I'm hoping you're feeling better now! I too am just starting on Prozac. My doctor says majority of people (unless young children) start on 20mg and that it's very unlikely to vomit from them. She said they can make you feel nauseous but that's it. I was still terrified and wouldn't take them so she gave in a gave me the liquid to start off gradually. Even with the liquid I started on 5mg yesterday and am fine, planning to up it to 10mg tomorrow. - At 5mg my doctor said that it's such a low dose unless you are highly allergic to it you shouldn't get any side effects, especially stomach related ones. So I would imagine 2.5 would be almost undetectable! You will be fine, it's just the anxiety about taking them. It's so ironic, I felt the same way, anxious about taking medication to help stop me being anxious :P x

If most people start on 20mg and are fine, and I started on 5mg to get rid of the risk of stomach side effects then you'll be fine on 2.5mg If you get swellings or have any kind of severe reaction see your doctor as you could be allergic but that's very unlikely

Hope all is well now and hope the Prozac is helping! Feel free to message me when you want as I'm in the same situation, are you building your dosage up slowly? xx
    'The darkest hour is just before the dawn'