Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Desperate for Advice

Hey People.

I am feeling very destressed this evening, I had a Stomache virus, last Thursday which caused me to vomit for first time 34 years,it wasn't pleasant, but no where near as bad as i thought, but still made my phobia stick around,, now i am worried i am gonna be sick again, my mind keeps replaying it over and over again, every gurgle in stomach, makes me panic, and chest and throat feels tight because of be anxietie, anyone else experienced this after they vomited, and keep replaying it.

Default Re: Desperate for Advice

Every time I have v* replays in my head all the time. It is awful. I am so sorry you were sick and that your phobia is causing you so much stress. Hopefully as time passes it will not be such a constant thought.

I struggle with this a lot. Even going back to childhood experiences of v*ing. I go over them in my head all the time. Try and get out of your head - watch a movie, play a game, talk to a friend, read a book. Really try and distract yourself.

I also get the reply in my head of v* as a child, I strangely remember them so vividly, more than any other childhood memory. it's difficult but you need strong will power to distract yourself.

Me too! I was just recently sick, like yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's my gallbladder, plus I'm 8 months pregnant. So now I'm also terrified to eat. But you're not the only one. I try to tell myself that it wasn't as bad as I had made it to be in my mind. That doesn't always help though so I hope you find something that distracts you and get some peace. Feel better!

I`m always replaying childhood v scenes in my head too, & wondering what caused them, & wishing that my mother had given me anti-emetics to prevent them, I think that if I had kids that`s what I`d do, & they would`nt have to be traumatised the way that I was.