Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Difficult question for any emet: What would you rather wish for...

What would you rather wish for...

For you to remain phobic of *** and always be hygienic

OR

For you to naturally not be afraid to v* and be less hygienic

???
    Last edited by Hay; 05-08-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Default Re: Difficult question for any emet: What would you rather wish for...

Obviously it'd be great to not be afraid of sick, but at the same time I just think being hygienic is...right. I don't know if you mean not be obsessively clean or just not care about hand washing/cleaning etc. But even if I wasn't emet i'd still value cleanliness quite highly. Simple hand washing can stop the spread of all illness so effectively. And not just noro, colds and flu etc too and I have a kinda snobby opinion that everyone should be more hygienic for the sake of themselves and others. And by this I don't mean scrub your hands raw I just mean if everyone washed their hands properly after using the toilet and before preparing food etc things would just be a lot nice! And I hate unclean places like houses and public toilets etc

So yeah....I think I like cleanliness too much in general to sacrifice it for a more care free attitude.

I rather keep my phobia than become less than aware. Not saying nonemets are filthy but, they aren't as aware. If everybody was aware, I wouldn't have this phobia

I would rather not have this phobia and not be so obsessed with hygeine because before I was emetophobic, I was still a clean person but not obsessively so and I NEVER got sick. But after I started having this fear I FEEL sick an awful lot (almost every day to some degree) and probably because stress lowers the immune system, I find I catch more things. Not stomach viruses necessarily but colds and flus and things like that. So I would give this phobia up ANY DAY if it meant going back to how life used to be when emet wasn't part of it. Oh the good old days.................

No question, I'd much rather be rid of this stupid phobia. Just because you're LESS clean, it doesn't mean you're UNCLEAN.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No phobia.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

No phobia. Cause lets face it folks, some of us don't wash our hands after everything we do (i.e. going to bite a cuticle or scratch our face and think, wait I have to wash my hands first) we are cleaner than we think. We are sometimes just overly cautious, but during the buggy time of the year, I can't say I blame any of us!!! Emet or not!

NO PHOBIA!!! Hands down!!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

you should make this a poll!
    i say the first one

no phobia.would still be clean.before phobia hit big time i can count v on one had with in 15 yrs..

I'll take phobia-free, as well. There isn't very much that I wouldn't sacrifice to be rid of this obsession.... Also, hygiene is not really a part of my obsession, though I believe that I'm cleaner than most people I know.

If someone said, if you give me £50,000 and itll be gone id pay it.

No phobia!

I`d much rather be mildly phobic that totally cavalier about hygiene, the way most "normal" people seem to be.

No phobia! I hate how it often rules my life.

Of course I'd rather have no phobia n be less hygienic..I have always wished to get rid of this phobia and I'll do anything to get rid of it.i hate it so much!!!

Honestly, I would prefer to keep my fear and be hygienic. I think emetophobia has some positives if under control!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:

I want it gone.

Strange thing is, myself, I'm not as hygienic as I should be, yet I'm still emetophobic.

Kill the phobia. Please and thanks.

phobia gone, please.......i'm not so worried about hygiene....would be wonderful to have it out of my life.....hard to believe anyone would choose any differently
    how i feel about emet