Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Cool Divine Intervention! :) (Religious and Graphic)

so this weekend my fiance was sick with a wicked cold. i thought nothing of it. this morning i woke up feeling terrible - but no fever so i remained calm. 5 p.m. rolls around and i get a wave of nausea like you wouldn't believe. i ran down to my bed put a bag in front of my face. i also grabbed my thermometer hoping to see a "98.6" - the result was "101.3" - my heart started racing and my mind was going just as fast. i put my head in the bag and waited- nothing happened. i had a feeling this was God telling me "hey, either you do it or you're gonna have one miserable night" after a few more waves i decided i had it. enough was enough. i forced myself through the v* motions. nothing came up but i still did it twice in a row. my nausea instantly lifted. i cried. i texted my fiance and best friend saying "I DID IT!!" i called my mom and they were all so proud of me. it is NOT as bad as i thought. it's not fun, but knowing that i will be okay - its the greatest thing in the world. there is hope!

Default Re: Divine Intervention! :) (Religious and Graphic)

Dori, good for you. You didn't vomit, but it shows your bravery that you tried to vomit. Emets should also remember that sometimes you can think you're going to vomit and even try to vomit but it won't happen. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wish i had this courage! Well done! Xx

First,congrats!!
    Gumdropper is right...I've had two times where I remember feeling soooo sick..paniced and held back vomiting for several hours..and when I was finally so exhausted I tried to just "let it go" and it just wouldn't come up..no matter how hard I tried or how much I just wanted it to be over..its as if my body and mind "forgot" how to do it..
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."