Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Did you ever throw up from taking antidepressants?

I need ot get on antidepressants and they always make me n* so I'm afraid they'll make me actually v*. has anyone here actually v*ed from antidepressants? how fast does the n* go away? how do you know if it's just going to be n* or if you'll be s*? i'm going on Prozac brand btw. any personal stories pertaining to this would help!
    "If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change." -Taylor Swift

I play music.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Did you ever throw up from taking antidepressants?

I've been on Zoloft for over 10 years at varying doses and have never been n at all. I gradually increased my doses, though, so like if I was going up to 150 from 100 I would do 112.5 for one week, then 125 for the next, then 37.5, then finally 150. I think that helped and I'm sure if you talked to your doctor they could work something like that out for you.

My dad was on 25 mg of Prozac I think (not for emet, for hoarding, but still) and he said he never felt n, just had some d for a few days.

btw i'm starting on a VERY low dose (2.5mg) yes i mean 2.5! (lol) because i'm so sensitive. zoloft, lexapro, and fluoxetine all gave me bad nausea (throat), and sarafem gave me an upset stomach (never vomited form those nor did i take each longer than a few days)
    "If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change." -Taylor Swift

I play music.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sarafem is Prozac (fluoxetine). I never had any nausea with antidepressants. I've been on Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil (very briefly--hated it), Sinequan, Serzone (hated it), Remeron, Wellbutrin (eliminated my appetite, but it was more jittery than nauseated), and Neurontin (off-label as a mood stabilizer).

I've been on Zoloft for two years now, and when first starting, and the two times I upped my dose, I experienced some dizziness and nausea for about a day or two, and then it subsided and went away for good. The reason that happens is because your body isn't really used to it, so the first day or two you'll often feel a little off, but it will NOT make you vomit! My Zoloft has helped me cope with my anxiety and depression so well, I'm so glad I made the decision to try it!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I was prescribed zoloft for my anxiety when I was 13-14. It was another period in time when this phobia had it's claws in me. I threw up once on it and that was all it took to say, "not for me".
    Life is so worth living.

I'm on Mirtazapine. I felt nausea but, I managed with Promethazine. Withdrawal effects would be worse.