Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mothers/Fathers answer?!

If your child is sick, do you usually catch the illness?
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Default Re: Mothers/Fathers answer?!

only if its airborn

My kids are 10 an 13 and my husband and I never have.

No, never.

Once in 3 years I caught it from my daughter.

Only once and he was 6 months old at the time. Infant germs are SO strong lol

Not necessarily

So far no. My oldest (4 years old) is just getting over the bug after 3 days of being sick. I'm knocking on wood that I continue not to get this one too. My husband has never caught it from either of my daughters either but I know plenty of people (including a lot of my family) who catch it from their kids all the time. I guess it's just the luck of the draw!

Oh, this is comforting. I have a one-year old, and she has only had a very mild cold so far. I really hope that I have a strong Mommy immune system!! I'm probably more of a threat to her, really...I'm a teacher.

My one year old just now got over the 25 Hour Flu(I assume it was the flu.) She v* once, had fevers, refused food but no d*. Not sure what it is...

ANYHOW I am super worried I will catch whatever she had from her. It's awful for me to think this way but my phobia is very strong. I cried all day just waiting for any symptoms. I still have 23 hours before I am out of the clear. I have had a few sneezes and a bit of an itchy throat. But, it's probably coincidence.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

No. Not when it's stomach ailment, at least. My Son has CVS and my Daughter gets the occasional virus. I've cleaned loads of yuck messes , and they even sleep nearby when poorly! Colds and flu... sadly, yes. I've two kids. (That's a whole lot of coughs and sneezing!) Most of us emets enjoy better than average hygeine. I think that works in our favour.

Always a cold, but if i catch a sv from them its only been mild and i havent v

Once because I was right by her holding her v* bucket and she v*d about 10 times that night so I know I inhaled it. Other than that never...I usually don't even get colds from her luckily!

Nope......colds and respitory stuff but not sv.