Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sick at school?

Unhappy Sick at school?

I have developed emetophobia at school after a few months ago when a guy v'd during a class at my school.. I wasnt even in the class but I was in the next class and it still smelled kinda bad.. Then a few days later when i was taking a big test i felt s* and was freaking out about v'ing.. I made it through the 4 hour test suffering thru waves of panic attacks... After that i started having the phobia during class more and more often until the end of the year i couldnt even go to one of my classes because i got panic attacks in that class so bad.. When i first developed emetophobia i wouldnt go anywhere unless i absolutely had to.. I didnt even go to the grocery store anymore because i would feel n*... Its gotten better and ive started going to the main service at my church tho i still skip sunday school and i can go shopping and go out to eat and im fine.. I even started a new job the other day with no problems.. The only time i have the fear is in a classroom setting.. And im sooooo scared to go back to school next year.. Idk how im gonna get through the whole year.. It was so hard to get through each class period the last 2 months.. And i have no idea how ill get through 180 days of school... How can i get over my emetophobia in classrooms?
    (btw im a new member.. Hopefully i avoided all the 'bad words'...

Default Re: Sick at school?

Don't worry about bad words. If you can stand to type them, then you can if you want to. It's not a rule

As for school, I always took a seat near the door, or at least an open window if a door wasn't possible. Can you let your teachers know that you're suffering and so then you might be able to take some minutes outside if you start to feel panicky? There's something called Rescue Remedy that you could look into, it's a spray which is very calming, for me at least. It works for some people and not for others. I'd also suggest talking to your doctor if possible. They'll be able to help you a LOT!
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.