Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help.

Default Please help.

Hello.

I did something very silly earlier today during dinner. A piece of pasta fell onto the kitchen table, and a few minutes after putting it back onto my plate, I absent-mindedly ate it. I feel so incredibly stupid. First of all, this table is constantly covered in bags, clothes and newspapers. I never trust it to be clean. But also, we had turkey breast for dinner, and my mum often uses the same dishcloth that she's used to clean the 'juices', to wipe the table. I can't believe it either. I fear there was salmonella on there. It has been eight hours and I have suddenly started feeling really quite nauseous. I've taken an Avomine (promethazine teoclate) and I'm starting to panic.

Default Re: Please help.

I'm sure you'll be fine. your bound to feel n* because you're thinking about what you did. I've done things very similar and regretted it after, but ive always been okay. I know exactly how you feel though. As hard as it is, try and put it to the back of your mind.

Thank you, Sarah. Whatever is causing it, this nausea is disgusting. I'm holding onto the hope that I'm feeling unwell because I'm due for my period - sorry if that's too much information. I hope the anti-emetic kicks in soon.

yeah, thats often the way with me too. I tend to feel really sick and heady a bit before im due on. Ginger's meant to be really good for nausea if you can stand eating a bit?

I don't think we have any ginger. It calms down a little if I keep busy, and I still seem to have an appetite. I'll be in a real state tomorrow night thinking I'm coming down with you-know-what because of this.

As predicted, I'm feeling horrible. It started half an hour ago, appeared from nowhere.

oh no at least you know why though. You know yourself that its because of what happened yesterday. You'll be fine, just keep saying to yourself that its just your phobia/anxiety and that you know its not a bug. Plus, if it was anything like FP (which it wont be) you'd know about it already and would of been ill today.

hope you feel better! x

Don't worry, doing something like that wouldn't cause anything, I do it all the time! I hope you feel better, it's probably anxiety!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.