Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help I think it will happen

I started on 20mg citalopram (anti depressants) just over a week ago and I know it says not to drink on them but it also says not to drink on paracetamol and I'm always fine with that so I drank anyway last night, I had 2 glasses of pimms at a friends house and then a double vodka and coke out and felt quite sick and very drunk (it would usually take a lot more to get me as drunk as I felt!) I ate a veggie burger when I got in and went to sleep ok but just woken up and I feel soooooo sick and I've googled drinkin on citalopram and read about loads of people saying they were sick the next day and I'm so scared!!!! It's like burning at the top of my chest and I have. A really dry mouth I keep drinking but I'm scared that will make me sick! I've just had a buccastem (anti sickness tablet) but idk if that will even make me sick from drinkin last night! I won't be drinkjng again I've defo learnt my lesson but I'm so scared!!!! I've been awake about 15mina would I have been sick by now? Please help!

Default Re: Help I think it will happen

I also take citalopram, and I don't ever drink much, like 2 beers over the course of a night out, but I have never gotten sick from it. It does lower your resistance to alcohol I think, I start feeling it about halfway through one beer since I've been on the med, so you might want to take it easy and cut back. I don't think you will get sick from it, you are probably just a bit hung over, and possibly dehydrated. Don't worry!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hardly ever drink & so when I do I tend to get tipsy quickly. I also take citalopram (40mg) and the last time I drank I had 3 or 4 shots & some cider & was fine. Im sure you're ok just next time perhaps you should have a soft drink between alcoholic drinks.

All anti-depressants lower your tolerance for alcohol. This means you get drunk faster, therefore you feel crappy faster. If you are going to drink on this med again I would suggest having a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage (sodas and juices are too harsh on the stomach).

I take celexa (citalopram) and I'm a big drinker, being 21. It does lower your tolerance (I can't drink nearly as much as I could before the Celexa) but 've never gotten sick from it. What might have happened is that since your tolerance is lowered you simply cannot drink as much, meaning that you just got too drunk off a lot less than before. I suggest drinking water with it and drinking slowly!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!