Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm new and what a fantastic forum :)

Just introducing myself. I'm Cathy, 21 and am pretty sure I have emetophobia, although it was only in the last few years I was able to put a name to it!

Have been suffering with this fear from a very young age and believe it to be because as a baby I never was sick. First time I was sick I was about five years old, woke up during the night and didn't have a clue what was happening. My brother ended up being sick too (tummy bug) so I was in one bathroom, with him in the other. Mum running back and forth and Dad scrubbing the carpet with bleach/dettol! My brother and I were always sick together and it usually came from food so after throwing up (was always at nighttime) we starved for 24hrs to 'get rid of the bugs'. It was also always such a big deal in the whole house. I remember being fascinated when my friend was eating a burger, left to throw up in the toilet, came back and finished her burger!

Over the years it's been varying degrees of mild, moderate and sever and I've suffered many health problems which I believe to be directly related to this fear.

I could go on and on about it but don't want to bore you all.

So hi I think I'll be visiting these forums quite a bit!

Cathy

Default Re: I'm new and what a fantastic forum :)

Welcome!

I recently joined the forum and it has honestly helped me so much! It's amazing how much you have in common with other emets when reading posts! It's really comforting and reassuring. I also have other health problems which have developed because of this fear such as IBS and social/ ganeral anxiety, OCD.... Yeah.....annoying.

Hi again and welcome!

Hay

Default Re: I'm new and what a fantastic forum :)

Welcome! i'm new too, these forums are fantasticcc