Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What could be wrong?

In the last hour or so, I've developed a painful swelling in the left side of my neck. The pain isn't severe but it's uncomfortable. For about a week I've had a few boils around my mouth - as soon as one begins healing, another pops up beside it. Could an infection have spread? It's the middle of the night so I can't rush off to see a doctor, and I'd really rather not anyway. I've avoided the doctors surgery for about two years now. Just looking at the place almost causes me to have a nervous breakdown. Worried.

Default Re: What could be wrong?

You really need to see a doctor about this.

Neck pain is sometimes a sign of serious things. Definetly go to doc asap, or the ER if it gets worse. Its better to be safe than sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

See a doctor, it could be an infection or it could be something like the mumps although that's unlikely, point is you need to see a doctor to be properly diagnosed and treated. No need to suffer needlessly.

Thanks for the response. I saw the doc and he said the infection from the boils has spread into the lymph nodes in my neck; gave me some antibiotics. I'm sad that I had to go there. He made me touch my chin/neck after I'd used the touch screen, and even though I showered as soon as I got home, I'm scared I messed up somehow.