Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Quick question.

Default Quick question.

I feel a bit silly asking this, but I'm genuinely very scared, so would like a few opinions. How likely is it to catch a stomach virus through a doctor taking your temperature in your ear? He didn't wipe the thermometer before or after. Last night and earlier today I was playing with my ear, and then putting my fingers in my mouth. Naturally I'm imagining him using it on a noro patient, and then sticking it in my ear. Could I get sick from this?

Default Re: Quick question.

Anyone? I'm scared to sleep incase I wake ill.

Extremely extremely unlikely. First off, doctors do sanitize their instruments even if they don't "wipe" them before or after. Usually they also put a new plastic protector on. For you to catch it he would have had to have a noro patient who v*ed, somehow got it in their own ear, then he uses the thermometer without the plastic protector, didn't wash it, used it on you, and then you licked your ear. There is a 99.9999% chance that you are absolutely fine!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thank you for the response. I felt fine up until about an hour ago. I suddenly felt nauseous and very ill all over. It has eased off a little but I'm scared it's a sign of what's to come. I feel quite sick in the stomach. To top it off, my sister was complaining that the bathroom and water smells like sewage - and I'd just washed my face.