Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I definitely have gastritis... Probably have an ulcer. The
    pharmacist at Walgreen's gave us something called PrevPac, which has 2
    Prevacid, 4 Amoxicillin, and 2 Biaxin in it, meant to be taken over the
    course of a day. I'm really sensitive to antibiotics, so instead of
    taking the 2 Amoxicillin and 1 Biaxin at night, I only took 1
    Amoxicillin and the 1 Biaxin with dinner. I just went to lie down for
    bed, and suddenly started feeling severely nauseated, to the point that
    I was afraid to talk or even move my hand so that my fiance could hold
    it. I'm so scared right now, because I know I have to keep taking the
    antibiotics for the gastritis/ulcer to go away, but I'm terrified that
    they're going to make me end up vomiting. What should I do? Usually,
    when I have to take a medication that I know will make me nauseated, I
    just lie down and try to go to sleep shortly after taking it. That
    isn't going to work in this case.

Is anyone online who feels like listening to me whine in chat? =\

Can't you ask your doctor for different antibiotics? Maybe try that if you continue to feel nauseated. Sometimes you will get side effects in the beginning, but they will go away in a couple of days. Hope you feel better soon.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You won't get sick, antibiotics are VERY gentle on stomaches. My doc put it best, they aren't gonna put someting in you to treat infections that's just gonna come back out.I think it's just anxiety.

If the symptoms continue for a couple of days than talk to your doctor. I am allergic to Amoxil plus the whole family of the Amoxil's. Best thing to do is try to take the med's, your body will get used to them. I have an ulcer and I am on medication for it, the best thing for you is to eat, not big meals just enough to cover your stomach, if there is no food in your stomach the acids will make you feel a hell of a lot worse, trust me!

I have taken the Amoxicillian and the Prevacid, both are very gental to the stomach.. If you do not mind me asking, what are your symptoms for Gastrisis? I have been Nausea all the time for almost 6 months now, its been on and off, and it just is annoying.. I wanted to see if you what you were feeling are any of my symptoms.. Thanks and I hope you are feeling better.

I actually can't take other antibiotics, unfortunately... It was hard enough to get the ones I have

For maymysunshine, my symptoms are BURNING. My stomach burns, my
    esophagas burns, everything burns; sometimes it's so bad that it feels
    like my ears and nose are burning and my entire head feels hot. I have
    actually had very little nausea since this began, probably because it's
    such an obvious, overwhelming burning that I can't mistake it for
    nausea. I've heard of other people having bad nausea along with it, but
    mostly it's the hellish burning.

Just remember with any anti-biotic they kill all the bacteria in your system, even the good kinds. Eat a cup of yogurt every day to help put acedopholis back into your system, that will help with the "female problems" that can come along with anti-biotics.

As for worrying about v*, I wouldn't the doctors are trying to make your stomach better, not worse.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

I don't think you will throw up from your meds. I have taken doses like that in the past, and when my emet was really bad, I would tell myself " I know this sh** is going to make me feel sick", and guess what? It did make me feel sick, because when your conciousmindsaysthat... alot of times, that thought will fall right into your subconcious, planning to believe it, and then you actually feel that way. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think your nausea is probably anxiety related. Good luck!!
    Spring is here!

I always freak out about every new medicine I put into my body. But, like Charzybebe said, the more you worry about nausea, the more likely you are to feel it. I've found nibbling on crackers to be my miracle cure to anxiety-related nausea. A few small, slow sips of cold water can help, too. Lie down with a heating pad even if your stomach doesn't hurt--for some reason thishelps me calm down.

Take a ginger root capsule about an hour before your next dose. Ginger root calms your stomach, and itdid a lot formy Zoloft/anxiety nausea.

I think you'll be okay, Amoxicillin is pretty mild and tolerated easy (which is why it's the most common one to give to babies and toddlers, if you remember the pink antibiotics from when you were little, same thing). If anything you'd most likely get the trots, not v*. Antibiotics go after all the bacteria, so sometimes it gets rid of some of the stuff in your intestines, but by this time it's so far down it won't come back up (if you know what I mean).

Do you have any plain old benadryl on hand? I find it really helps! When I was on IV antibiotics in the hospital my doctor gave me benadryl to ward off side effects, and it did truly help.

Another thing besides crackers I've found that really helps an upset tummy I get from antibiotics is to eat salty popcorn.

Really, amoxicillin is gentle, but Biaxin is not, I've been on it many times, but like abbey said, take the Biaxin with yogurt, it will help with the enzymes in your stomach, and you won't feel ill!!

You want to talk about bad antibiotics, I have to take Cipro, and it is not fun. It doesn't make my tummy upset, but I am having the worst nightmares, nightsweats, and hallouciations (sp?) of my life. Last night I dremt I shot someone in the head and chest, and it was so vivid I woke up soaking wet from sweat! This drug sucks, but I only have 5 days left and I have to take it to stop any infection from the surgery. What I find works best when taking antibiotics, is drinking plenty of water, eating crackers or bread and lying down for the first hour or so after taking the drug.

Michele, what is Cipro? What is it for?

Ciproflaxin. It is used to treat alot of diffrent bacteria, used alot for UTI's. But you might know it as the drug that treats Anthrax.

I thought that word sounded familar!! I heard from the news etc. that Cipro is really strong? No wonder you are having nightmares, sweats and hallouciations!! My god, is this the first time being on them? I hope you feel better soon!

I was on a similiar drug called levaquin its in the same class as cipro. I think the Levaquin is actually stronger than the Cipro, cause it made me feel so sick! Thanks, everyday I feel more and more better.

Cipro is not that strong at all, but it does have a lot of strange side effects.Edited by: ChippedAway

Reglan is a wonderful medication!! I was on it when I was nursing Haley, it's very good for milk supply [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] as well as an anti emetic. I hope I can get another prescription for it after I have this baby!