Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need some reassurance.

Yesterday my dad had an eye-screening appointment at a walk-in centre/doctors surgery. I didn't know where he was going. When he returned home, he rinsed his hands (didn't use soap) for a few seconds, and then dried them with the kitchen tea-towel. Mum used this same towel when she was making dinner. When she was putting my food onto a plate, I noticed the towel was brushing against the food. I ate it because I didn't know dad had been to a health centre. Naturally I'm convinced I'm going to fall ill tonight. What do you think my chances are?

Default Re: I need some reassurance.

Why would you get ill, your dad rinsed his hands so all the germs would of been washed away anyway, so I wouldn't worry

Zombie, i believe you need soap alongside the water to rinse the germs away.

I think your chances of getting sick are slim, first your dad would have had to have had noro on his hands to begin with which chances are he didn't, then i'm sure your food would have to have been in direct contact with the teatowel for alot longer, as in like sitting on it or to have been wiped by it rather than just being brushed against - it's not impossible but the odds are so low as to not worry about them. Your Dad would get ill first anyway i would imagine as he is likely tp have put his fingers in his mouth at sme point before washing them when he got home so if he is ok then i would take that as a good indication you will be too. It's hard but try not to dwell on it. xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you, so much. That is very reassuring. My anxiety (and OCD) is extremely bad at the moment, so I'm already beginning to feel nauseated because of the fear. I'm really trying to stay positive though.

I'm sure you won't get sick. You don't know if your dad was in some contact with that kind of germs there.
    Stay positive,you're worried for nothing,really!