Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Very scared...

Default Very scared...

My sister had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning, and was given Clomipramine 25mg, for OCD and anxiety. He also prescribed Metoclopramide 10mg (an anti-emetic) because she's known to react badly to anti-depressants. Anyway, she took her first dose earlier, and within the hour was complaining of nausea, dizziness and fatigue. It took two anti-emetics for the nausea to ease, and she's now napping because of the drowsiness. I know it sounds very straight-forward, but it sure isn't in my head. She has never had any side effect besides nausea from medications. The only time she naps during the day is when she's ill. I'm scared that this might actually be the start of a bug that she's picked up from the surgery. Would fatigue really come on so soon after the first dose? We share a room and I'm terrified.
    Last edited by Madeleine; 07-20-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Default Re: Very scared...

i know that anti nausea drugs make me really really sleepy......i'm sure they are supposed to relax you so i wouldn't worry about her napping.
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

She's had them before though, and they've never made her tired.

i think metoclopramide is reglan, that will make you very drowsy. She is probably just sleeping off them effects of it. As long as she isnt Ving then she is fine. Just try to relax. You have nothing to worry about at this point. Even if she V now she probably isnt sick. You know she has issues with medication.