Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hot weather

Default hot weather

I`m often hearing about how heat can cause vting. I`ve never experienced this, apart from a bout of nausea while eating a stir-fry in that record breaking heatwave of 2003, when the tmperature reached 100 degrees. I sprinkled some ginger powder on the food, carried on eating & felt fine with no vting. The question is, what is it about hot weather that makes people v?

Default Re: hot weather

I suppose. One time I was in 100 degree humid weather, and v'd right after eating a burger and smoking a cig.

it could be that your brains connected to your stomach and of course your heads in the sun alot..so maybe its something to do with the brain getting to hot and making the stomach poorly some how if this makes sence..

the heat bothers me. here in the mid west its been 95+ for like 20 days straight. i also work outside sometimes and sweat a lot. i found if i drink lots of water and stay hydrated, im better. I can believe it causes V. hasnt happened to me but i dont wanna chance it.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

It is 1) dehydration 2) electrolyte imbalance 3) actual heat exhaustion/heat stroke and sometimes 4) Guzzling water/gatorade too fast while rehydrating that cause nausea and v* related to the heat. You just have to be as kind to your body as the circumstances will allow since once the temperature is very hot, your body just has a tougher time cooling itself down. My advice is to do your strenuous work at night or at least earlier than 10 am or later than 4 pm if you can, keep drinking cold water, drink it slowly but drink it ahead of your thirst. If you only drink when thirsty, you still might not be getting enough. Take frequent breaks when you need them. If you start to feel queasy or lightheaded get into some air conditioning if possible but at least in the shade. If you continue to feel really bad it might be time to see a doctor for IV rehydration...in extreme situations the heat can not only cause nausea but be deadly.