Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default having a panic attack

ok, so I posted earlier that I had been prescribed trazadone, GP has started me off on a low dose and I've just taken my first dose, so now I'm feeling really anxious, scared stiff about the possible side effects, what if i react real bad? my anxiety is going through the roof any support right now would be welcome just to get me through the next few hours

Default Re: having a panic attack

Hey, how are you feeling physically now? Are there any symptoms that are different to normal panicky ones? Just remember, doctors wouldn't prescribe anything they think could cause more harm than good. Try and distract yourself, watch some telly, write, draw, play music, do some mind games. Try and eat some light food and sip water to settle your stomach if you're feeling nauseous. If you haven't reacted badly to medicines in the past, it's very unlikely you will do so now.
    You will get through this xx

thank you so much, am watching a dvd with family at the moment, no nasty effects yet, mouth feeling a little dry, but that's nothing I can't handle, so eating mints. its a low dose and my GP did tell me I might not feel much different at first, and will probably need to increase dose gradually. feeling a little sleepy, but not overly so, I certainly dont mind feeling drowsy and relaxed, its a change from how i usually feel!! i'm always like this when i take any new medication. i've got so much going on in my life right now, i've finally accepted that i do have a mental health problem and that maybe medication can help me to cope. I think I find it harder to cope with stressful situations because I do have an underlying mental health problem.

Well it's great that you have such an accepting attitude! It takes a really strong person to admit that you need medication, and I hope it all goes well xx

i think trazadone is helpful with sleeping so the only side effect you should get should be sleepiness...i may be wrong on that though