Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Wish Me Luck!!!

So I just called my husband at work and he said, "I'm just eating the roast beef sandwich you made me." I said, "I didn't make you roast beef, I made you turkey".....

Yada yada yada, he's eating an old sandwich from last week. The last time we bought sliced roast beef from the deli counter of a supermarket was last Monday night, so it's a week old at the oldest. He said it tasted kind of funky but he'd eaten half of it already. Fortunately there was no mayo, just mustard. And it's been in the fridge the whole week.

The irony is, he's not worried and I am. I keep thinking, well if he gets sick at least I know it's not contagious but still.....

It's kind of funny in a way.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Im so funny about experation dates and such, I dont think I could eat a sandwich that old, LOL. Even though the meat is not really THAT old, it probally is ok. I hope it doesnt make him ill. Sounds like something my hubby would do.

Men I tell you, my husband is the same way, he eats things that are sitting in the frig, and I am sooo sure that its nasty and he is like its food and Im hungry, and has no worry what so ever, we had gotten a Hershey Pie from Burger King, and it sat in the refrig for about 1 week, and my husband decided that it could not have been bad, and at ate.. and said it tasted great.. I would never, i have a hard time eating leftovers. ..I hope it agrees with him, and he does not get sick.. Take care and keep us posted. Christy

My husband is the same way too! He will drink expired milk, eat expired mayonaise, meat, etc. He doesn't like for me to throw anything out unless I have checked with him first (sometimes I do anyway!) to see if he wants to eat it. And, he NEVER gets sick from it! He is the type of person that says they put expiration dates on food because they just want you to buy more. I tell him that is CRAZY! But, he just laughs it off and continues to eat old stuff.

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.

<font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

My brother has eaten chicken that has been in the fridge for at least that long and has always been fine. Men are definitely a different breed!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

My boyfriend does that all the time too! I always say don't come crying to me when you get sick. His exuse is always but I am hungry, its like it doesn't matter what they eat as long as they eat.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

My dh is the same too!

How is he??

Good luck, my husband will eat ANYTHING out of the fridge if I don't keep it cleaned out!!

don't want to jinx anything but it's almost 12 hours since he ate it and he's completely fine. i'll let you know more in the morning.

My brother is the same way....he has a habit of eating really bad hot dogs and getting sick. Now when I say REALLY BAD, I mean green with fuzzies on them...Men are strange creatures sometimes.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

well, it's about 20 hours after he ate it and he's fine! the best part of the story is, the roast beef sandwich wasn't even in the fridge the whole time. He thinks it was in the trunk of his car, and it was actually about 8 degrees celsius for a couple of days here. YUCK!

Men they will eat anything!! Why are they like this? Are they human?

Oh goodness, he is so lucky!!! I'm glad he is ok!!