Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: cant do it...

Default cant do it...

I can't live like this any more....why is there no hope? Why do I have to leave walmart in the middle of grocery shopping,leave without my damn food just because I feel "sick" this is bullshit. Excuse my language but I've had enough of this phobia. I can't deal with it anymore. I can't eat a freaking thing without feeling "nauseous" and even though I know I've felt this everyday of my life and haven't thrown up but I STILL can't eat without feeling sick. I still can't go to sleep at night without worrying I'm gonna wake up and throw up. Even though I haven't in 15 freaking years...yet I sit andd worry CONSTANTLY over my stomach and throat and this last 3 days has been nothing but excuciating anxiety and I just can't take it anymore. I'm so mad at myself for all of this..because it is my mind taking me over and I'm mad that I don't have the strength to stop it. I think about dying everyday just because of how I feel. And I can't even take meds to get better because of the anxiety it causes me...I just don't know what to do. I'm at the jumping off place here. I hate what I have become and how much my life has been ruined because of this
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: cant do it...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! Although I haven't gotten sick in like 7 years I always feel sick after I eat! It's like
    my brain doesn't even stop for a second to think how silly it would be to be nauseous after every meal I eat! And honestly I dont even know when im actually nauseaous and when it's just my anxiety :/ its a gradual process, but don't lose hope! We all know what you are going through, and we are here, just keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213 View Post
    I can't live like this any more....why is there no hope? Why do I have to leave walmart in the middle of grocery shopping,leave without my damn food just because I feel "sick" this is bullshit. Excuse my language but I've had enough of this phobia. I can't deal with it anymore. I can't eat a freaking thing without feeling "nauseous" and even though I know I've felt this everyday of my life and haven't thrown up but I STILL can't eat without feeling sick. I still can't go to sleep at night without worrying I'm gonna wake up and throw up. Even though I haven't in 15 freaking years...yet I sit andd worry CONSTANTLY over my stomach and throat and this last 3 days has been nothing but excuciating anxiety and I just can't take it anymore. I'm so mad at myself for all of this..because it is my mind taking me over and I'm mad that I don't have the strength to stop it. I think about dying everyday just because of how I feel. And I can't even take meds to get better because of the anxiety it causes me...I just don't know what to do. I'm at the jumping off place here. I hate what I have become and how much my life has been ruined because of this
    I have been there, and at times I still do. I used to run out of places as soon as I felt off....every once in a while I still do....However, I remember once i was shopping at Target, and suddenly freaked out and wanted to run out of there. Instead, I stopped, took a few breaths and FORCED myself to stay, finish shopping, and pay. I swear, while waiting on line I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. Anyhow, I paid for my stuff, and calmly walked to my car. I felt so good that I didn't let it control me, so I continued to do it more and more. Go for small victories... they help a lot and lead to more of them.

I've done that before...forced myself to stay in walmart but that was when I was pregnant..a few times doing that,I've passed out in line...not fun...now that I have my baby, I'm scared to show anyone that I'm anxious...I don't want them to say I'm an "unfit mother" I'm so scared of them taking my kids...I don't understand why this is happening..I had my anxiety under control for the most part..only had 3 or 4 anxiety attacks in the 8 months I was pregnant with her..now,8 weeks later, I've had 6 or 7 panic attacks and I can't go into a gas station without the need to leave before I get my things...ugh I have an appointment to try neurofeed back and biofeedback on Saturday. I'm down to my last options..its frustrating
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

oh my gosh i do the same thing! work,school,stores anywhere! Ill just be in the store looking for food and my anxiety starts messing with my head making me feel like im going to be sick so I run out. I failed class because i would run out every day in fear that i was about to be sick. I get this lump in my throat and hot feeling in my stomach from my anxiety . I know its my anxiety and that im not really sick but Im still afraid!

I cant deal with it anymore either... and I might be pregnant so I dont know how the heck i will get through it. bad morning sickness runs in my family like being sick all day all night all morning. my anxiety will just kill me

did you ever think these panic attacks may be from post-partum? Maybe you should talk to your doctor?