Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT- Good Luck

Okay, let's all take the time to wish Charzybebe good luck at her singing competition tonight.

You're going to be great!!!!! Try to relax and have fun, and if Travis is a judge...remember what I told you.

Now good luck, knock 'em dead, break a leg and all that jazz!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

Break a leg! I'm
    excited for you! Have fun and try to turn the nerves into
    excitement! You'll do great charlotte!!

Let us know how it goes asap!!

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

</font>
    Edited by: redapple

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Good Luck!!!

Edited by: sparky2004
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Good luck, try to relax, and have fun. I will be thinking about you!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

You are going to be great!!! I know you can do it, you are a great singer and we all wish y well. Go get em!

P.S. Do you think outhey will televise this on U.S. channels? Because I wanna see it!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hello all...my heart is pounding and my palms are sweating. I am a nervous mess! But, I am going to try my hardest you guys! I will take all of your encouraging words with me, up on stage!!!

Thanks so much for the support, and I will get back with y'all on it real soon!!!!

Charlotte[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Spring is here!

I'm sure I am all late and wrong but

GOOD LUCK!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I am so curious, how did it go Charlotte????

Darn it Charlotte, we need the update!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Well....it didn't go so well. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]When I got up on stage and finished getting introduced by the host, they started playing my music and just when I needed to start singing, there was a "tickle" and phlem in my throat. (left over from my cold) I quickly had to swallow and clear my throatso I wouldn't sound all sh**ty, and by that time, the first 2 lines had been played...and yep, (I missed the lines)you guessed it, I had to look at the screen for the words to find where I needed to start singing.

So, not only did I miss the first lines of the song, but I had to look like an idiot staring at the karaoke screen to find my place!!! But.....once I did start singing, I did awesome! But...that wasn't good enough for the damn judges!!! All they thought, was I was a fu** up right from the start. I don't know what they were thinking, but I had a damn PHLEM BALL!!!! For God's sake...couldn't they have started the song over since I hadn't even started singing yet???

Anyways, I got lots of compliments on my singing, but the judges figured I was in shock or something on stage?? Heck, if any of you get to watch it on tv, you will clearly see that I was clearing my throat. How upsetting. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

All I know, is I can't let them dummies get me down. I will not give up my dream. It was bad luck from the start.

I will take this as a learning experience, and NEVER sing in front of people when I have phlem from a cold, left in my throat. *sigh*....I should have never gone with this lingering cough and mucous. I was worried about the dreaded, and it did happen. (throat problem)

It has been a very disappointing night! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I feel like a failure, and I feel like the judges see me as a dummy. All in all, I sounded good though, and my nervousness didn't interfere. I took your guys' advice and gave it a try!! Thank you all so much for your support! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte

Spring is here!

I am so sorry! That really sucks, but I wouldn't say that it was a disappointment, you got up there and sang, and sang good, I think that is something to be proud of. You were so nervous, but you got over your fears, and gave it everything you could, and is something to be proud of. Don't feel dumb, you sang great and that is what matters, not getting a bad start to the song. Sorry it didn't go better, but at least you gave it a shot, and gave it your best.

Michele

Oh, forgot to mention...when it is time for the judge's comments, one of them said "I hope your kids like your singing" [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Referring to the fact that I will never become anything with a performance like that, and I will just be singing at home. HOW RUDE!!! He even said that when the tv cameras were on. Those judges are always rude!!!!!!!

God I feel about worthless. Charlotte
    Spring is here!

SOrry I feel so stupid asking this...but what was this competetion for? You said TV cameras? I am so confused.

Congrats though. People understand that a little snot in the throat is a bitch. I have to gove you props for even getting up there, you have a lot of people beaten right there!

Laureb

Quote Originally Posted by auggiedoggie12

SOrry I feel so stupid asking this...but what was this competetion for? You said TV cameras? I am so confused.

Congrats though. People understand that a little snot in the throat is a bitch. I have to gove you props for even getting up there, you have a lot of people beaten right there!

Laureb

It was a singing competition. (karaoke) It is televised, and there are 3 judges...just waiting to nab you in the back! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Thank you so much for your kind words! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]What you are saying is so true!! Most of those people, in the audience obviously couldn't have done that! I can't even begin to tell you how many people I heard tonight say, "man, you'd never catch me up ther singing".

Thank you for that reminder...that makes me feel much better about the situation! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Sorry to hear it didn't go so good, I got trapped at work and couldn't make it. REALLY SORRY the judges were a**holes....I think they all would like to pretend they're Simon Cowell.

Don't take them too seriously, and I'll make sure to tune in on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by abbey_normal

Sorry to hear it didn't go so good, I got trapped at work and couldn't make it. REALLY SORRY the judges were a**holes....I think they all would like to pretend they're Simon Cowell.

Don't take them too seriously, and I'll make sure to tune in on Saturday night.

Well, this won't be on the air until Saturday, Feb 19. Also, they told us tonight that not everyone makes it on the air because they edit out like an hour of the show, and MJ kinda screwed up when I got on stage. I walked up to her and stood at her left side (as advised) and she didn't know I was standing there, and she was looking for me to come up on stage and I said, "I'm right here!"...lol. She looked like she was a bit embaressed, so they may just edit my whole performance out, but you will see me there for sure standing around waiting. (I am the one with a light blue sweater with a hood on it, and blue jeans)

Yeah, those judges really suck I must say. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]Why couldn't they do a "retake" like they did with some guy when the mic wasn't turned on?? How messed up was that? Travis wasn't there, he was sick. I think I would have rather had him be there tonight, than the jerks that were there. You know the guy in the local group called "Fish Heads"? He was the jerk that said "I hope your kids enjoy your singing" or whatever. I emailed 106.9 to let them know what I thought of the judges and their degrading remarks!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Anyways, even though I felt it was an unfair deal, I can only move foward. I will not stop singing, and in fact, I may even go back in 6 weeks, just to prove my point!! That is ok that you didn't make it. Kinda glad you weren't there to see the disgrace!![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Thanks for all your support! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Yeah, I REALLY wouldn't take that seriously. The Fish Heads, they've been playing bars in this town for DECADES and they still suck.....so I guess he was bitter cause fame has eluded him.

Go back in 6 weeks and show them who's boss!!!

Hey Charlotte, congrats on even getting on stage. I could never do that in a million years!!! You said you did awesome once you started singing, so it's the judges loss that they didn't pick a great singer (YOU!!!). You will BLOW THEM AWAY next time!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Charlotte, sorry things didn't go so well, but you tried and you got great responses from the crowd, the judges, as you described, sound just like Simon Cowell!!!! Maybe it was him! LOL

Don't pay no attention to them and continue on with your dream...

Now...what network or station or channel will this be playing, I have satelite so I'm hoping I will catch it....But I need to know something...abc? Anyways I'll look for it, but please, for all of us who are very forgetful, please remind us the day before ok?! Promise me!!!!!LOL

Sonia

Terrified girl- Unfortunately, the show will be only televised locally (Feb 19). If they don't edit my part out, which they may (for they only use an hour's worth of taping, out of the whole 2 hour show) then maybe I can send you a copy of the show?? Let me know what you think. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Abbey-normal-Yeah, the judges were harsh a**holes, and Mr. Fish Head obviously can't sing worth a hoot, or he wouldn't be stuck in his local band. What a jerk! LOL!

Thank you Kellybean for your positive words! If I would have had more of a chance, I would have blown them away last night...maybe next time!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Thanks all for your support!! Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Sorry i'm late. ^///^ Oh my. They are sooooooo mean but youare soooo brave for doing that! I mean could the Judges do what you did? Sorry you didnt do so well too...Anyway, i could never had done that! I cant even stand infront of my class but what you did was great!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Quote Originally Posted by wing
    Sorry i'm late. ^///^ Oh my. They are sooooooo mean but youare soooo brave for doing that! I mean could the Judges do what you did? Sorry you didnt do so well too...Anyway, i could never had done that! I cant even stand infront of my class but what you did was great!

LOL...you helped enlighten me, reading what you said! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Yeah, the judges are mean, and I realize that I really DID look like an idiot with my throat, and then my little word search on the monitor..LOL, but I still think the judges shouldn't have been so quick to judge...LOL! *sigh*

There will be a next time! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!