Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A Treatment Program I'm Sticking To...

When I first joined this forum I was in the process of discovering what works to cure emetophobia, and what doesn't. Actually, to be more clear I only knew what DIDN'T work and I was really struggling to find out what did work. I first posted a plan to try CBT and a couple other techniques but after some time I felt like that wasn't it. I started to see a CBT counselor and I noticed that I have more knowledge on phobias than she does! Granted, she has more knowledge on CBT techniques but I felt like she was always a couple steps behind me. I since then have started using three main techniques that I feel are really moving me in a positive direction.

In the next few weeks and months I will be letting you know what changes are happening within me, so you can find out if this program is right for you. On other forum posts I have mentioned that I have spent lots of time and money on many programs and techniques that haven't worked for me. I have been a skeptic about anything really working. Now I know that it doesn't matter if I believe in it completely or not because the emetophobia works in the subconscious. That's why we know we may sound irrational when we talk about our fears. When I told my counselor in the first session what my fear was she said (quite unprofessionally) "How often do you get sick?" with surprise and I told her not often of course because I've gotten so good at avoiding it and she simply stated that it's not worth putting so much energy into fearing something that hardly ever happens....well needless to say I had come to that conclusion way before she did. No one is going to "talk" me out of this fear. I have a better idea

Here is what I am doing now:

-Phobia Program from The Brightlife Center http://www.fearintopower.com/cured/emetophobia.html

-Quantum Entrainment (amazing!!) http://quantumentrainment.com/

-Music Visualization (something powerful that I made up myself)

It's been a few days and I am already feeling more distance from the fear. I'm taking my time, and I feel so empowered already.

I start off my mornings and end my evenings with Quantum Entrainment (known as QE) for 5-10 minutes. I switch into gear with the phobia program and work on a negative memory of mine (takes about 10 minutes) then I finish off with listening to a very empowering song that always resonates with me. In the process of the song I run through the same negative memory touching on the most fearful parts when the song is the most powerful for me. Afterwards I feel like I can do anything!! It's amazing.

I will let you know how it's going when I see more changes. I am determined to release this fear once and for all and for all of you that are willing to commit to change, I KNOW you can do it too

Default Re: A Treatment Program I'm Sticking To...

The Fear into Power is the program I did that cured me. It's the ONLY thing that did, and the only treatment program that made perfect sense to me. I am now completely emet-free, I just hope it lasts forever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sounds very promising...please keep us posted on your progress!!!

It's been about a week so so since I started the program. I am still on the first exercise of the program (there are five) because I have lots of memories to work through. This is what I have noticed so far:

-I feel really empowered each time I do the exercises

-I have been having more dreams about it lately which I feel is my subconscious working through it all (thanks to out of order helping me figure this out

-I am becoming more and more aware of my phobia thoughts which means that I have the opportunity to make them have less of an impact on me

-I see glimpses of freedom from time to time and that is progress all by itself!

I think I am almost ready to move onto the second exercise but it might be another week until I get there. I decided I don't want to rush the process. I hear a lot of people say that one main traumatic event caused this phobia, and while that may be true, I feel mine is more multidimensional. I have been worrying and making fear into a habit since I was a small child. For those of you who believe in past lives, this is also a reason why some of us have this phobia without a good reason why. I have done several past life regressions (before I even fully believed in them) and had the same image/movie come up. Whether or not it's real doesn't matter as much as what I do to overcome this fear now.

I hope everyone sticks with me through this program! I will come back at least once a week to give as much information on my progress as I can.

New update!!

Here is my progress so far and some other changes I have made.

I feel ALOT better. I can't say the fear is gone but I do have to say I am well on my way. This is a deeper look into what I have been doing this past week:

• Phobia Program at least once a day (if I am not as busy some days I practice it twice daily)

• I haven't been doing QE as much on my traumatic memories as I have in the past, I believe it helps but it is just an added ingredient

• I am still listening to empowering songs while running through memories (sometimes I run them through backwards, forwards or mix up the memory)

• I was seeing a CBT counselor but I don't feel like she has been much help. We put together a scrapbook of pictures that give me anxiety. I didn't find it very helpful.

• I have seen an EDMR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) twice and both times it helped me quite a lot. I just work on old painful memories the same as the program so I am just using them hand in hand. I dk if I will be able to continue this treatment as it is expensive but I may not even need it.

Here is really good news:

The other day I started this new nutritional shake supplement and didn't read the packaging fully when it said "First Time Users Please Read" Apparently taking a lot causes something of a cleansing effect in the digestive system. I started feeling this effect out of nowhere and was in great discomfort for a few hours. I took medicine to calm the symptoms but It took me a little while to realize that I wasn't freaking out. This is surprising because last time I had this bad of symptoms I had a flu or something about 7 months ago. I thankfully didn't relate this back to that event and I felt unusually calm. I was taking this very well! I usually shake uncontrollably, sweat and feel my heart beating out of my chest. I think it helped that I was aware of my thoughts. I said to myself "Oh it must be the shake I drank" and didn't overreact.

This is an important development for me. I will keep up with what I am doing and I'll report back when I know more

So happy you're doing A LOT better! Keep up the good work and before you know it emetophobia will be a thing of your past.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick update. I am still working on the program and things are looking good. I have hit some blocks. For example, when I cleared most of my memories I started feeling this almost detox effect where more unpleasant fears would come up. I realized it was from the last memory I had to work on and it looked daunting. I went from feeling a 10 level of anxiety with this last memory (which was my horrible sickness less than a year ago) and now it is down to a 1 or maybe a zero! I cant really tell the difference so much either way its great news cause the new unpleasant fears dissipated when I worked on this memory. I still haven't started exercise #2 (there are 5 exercises) but I will soon.

I actually have a past life memory to try this program on first (that should be interesting...) I have a feeling exercise 2 will be most beneficial to me because most of my fears are about what WILL happen and the upcoming agenda is to work on that.

I hope everyone takes a step in releasing this phobia from their lives. It is not an easy task (for me at least) I will admit. I have fears that run very deep with this but that's not stopping me. Even if it takes a year to get rid of which by the way I don't think it will.

I will get back in touch after I have had some experience with the next exercise.

Til then...

I've bookmarked this thread to follow your progress - thanks for posting!

So far, would you say that like the program is worth it? It seems so, and I might give it a try.