Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys...not long ago I got an intense itch in my throat that made me cough so hard and violently! I coughed, and coughed, and coughed! My eyes were wattering, and I was salivating. I thought for sure I would puke! I kept coughing so hard that all the sudden I gagged and let out a big burp that tasted like vomit. Then I did it again, and again! Dry heaves and no vomit; but I sure did taste breakfast! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I know it's not the same as "full blown" vomiting, but it felt just like I was, just without the contents. (ew gross) My stomach is a bit "unsettled now", but it will be fine shortly.

I am proud!! I had no panic at all, and infact I kept laughing every time I burped and dry heaved because of the way it sounded!! Yayyyy, so far that book I read has made a big difference with me!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Sorry...did I misspell wretch?? Or is it retch??[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Congrats on handling that so well Charlotte! That is very good, and its good when you can kinda laugh, I think it helps you see its not so bad.

Thanks! Every time I have ever vomited or retched in my life, I was shaken with panic, and I would cry, etc....

This is the first "close call" I have had since Jan. 2002, and it was wierd handling it so well.

Now if I could just get over the fear of others doing it! I started the meditations for it, but now I can't find my book!!??

Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Charlotte, what do you think caused you to have this"episode" ? Were you feeling ill and there was nothing in your stomach or was it because you were just coughing so hard?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Charlotte, I have been reading the same book as you, I am doing an experiment on my best friend, she became prengant when she was 17 years old, she miscarried the babies, they were twins, when she was 14 weeks along, since then she has been trying to become pregnant again, and fails her periods are VERY irregular, she's been on birth control to fix the problem to no avail. Well she has witnessed MANY of my psycic occurances, saying something is gonna happen and not minutes later it does. I kind of fibbed to her yesterday and told her that I was in a deep meditation and saw her in the hospital having a baby. Well, she started her period today. After 8 weeks of not having one, and I would put money on her becoming pregnant again. I think she's had herself convinced that she can't have kids. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyme
    Charlotte, what do you think caused you to have this"episode" ? Were you feeling ill and there was nothing in your stomach or was it because you were just coughing so hard?

No, I wasn't feeling ill...I just had a cough attack. I am still getting over some upper respiratory gunk from a few weeks ago, and I could feel drainage in my throat.

Maybe the reason it was so easy for me, is because it all happened so fast, that I didn't have time to worry??? I dunno...but whatever it was, I handled it really well, and that is new for me! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by carmagnet
    Charlotte, I have been reading the same book as you, I am doing an experiment on my best friend, she became prengant when she was 17 years old, she miscarried the babies, they were twins, when she was 14 weeks along, since then she has been trying to become pregnant again, and fails her periods are VERY irregular, she's been on birth control to fix the problem to no avail. Well she has witnessed MANY of my psycic occurances, saying something is gonna happen and not minutes later it does. I kind of fibbed to her yesterday and told her that I was in a deep meditation and saw her in the hospital having a baby. Well, she started her period today. After 8 weeks of not having one, and I would put money on her becoming pregnant again. I think she's had herself convinced that she can't have kids. We'll see what happens.

Wow, sounds very interesting! Is your friend psychic? I guess I am a bit confused as to what you are saying. Are you saying that after reading your book, you learned that sometimes if you believe something long enough, it truly happens? If that is what you are saying, do you believe it? Are you convinced?

Very interesting subject! Keep us posted on the experiment! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I think you handled it well also... And yes you didnt have time to panic... So you must feel a little bit of defeat.

haha thats wonderful ! you make me laugh P glad to see u handled it sowell, my book still hasnt come!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] ill cancel the order an get it from sumwer else! stupid blackwells ( xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Basically I am psycic, and what the book taught me is that the power of suggestion can be just as powerful as real medical science. So I put the suggestion into her subconcience that she would be pregnant and soon, I believe it will work. When I was about twelve years old I had a really bad problem with warts on my right foot, the entire thing was covered. I went to the library and checked out a book on magic. There was a spell for removing warts. I did the spell and two weeks later the warts were completely gone. I now know it wasn't magic that made them go away, it was because I "knew" they would in my head, I believed it.

Oh Charlotte I feel you, I am doing the same, but I was not as calm as you, it was weird, I started coughing, but my insides were shaking, and I would make funny noises I think it was because I was ignoring that I had to cough. But now I feel like my throat has tighten its hard for me to breath. I still have 1 hr and 30 min before I can go home. I even called the DR this is annoying, I have not slept because of this cough. What did u do to make it feel better, any advice would be great :O) Christy

Charlotte, you're awesome![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I'm so glad this book has helped you so much.

Wow, congrats Charlotte. I am thrilled for you!

Keep us posted to see if just in case anything else happens...

Sonia

Wow, that's awesome! What book? I wanna read the book

Ah.... you should be so proud of yourself

Charlotte,

I just started the book and so far I like it. Do you have any instant message programs? I'd love to talk with you about it!

Mary

P.S. Shiva, it's called "The Power ofyour Subconscious Mind".
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by faith-marilyn
    haha thats wonderful ! you make me laugh P glad to see u handled it sowell, my book still hasnt come!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] ill cancel the order an get it from sumwer else! stupid blackwells ( xxxx

Wow...I can't believe you still haven't gotten your book! I would definately cancel your order and buy it somewhere else! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by carmagnet

Basically I am psycic, and what the book taught me is that the power of suggestion can be just as powerful as real medical science. So I put the suggestion into her subconcience that she would be pregnant and soon, I believe it will work. When I was about twelve years old I had a really bad problem with warts on my right foot, the entire thing was covered. I went to the library and checked out a book on magic. There was a spell for removing warts. I did the spell and two weeks later the warts were completely gone. I now know it wasn't magic that made them go away, it was because I "knew" they would in my head, I believed it.

That's cool! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]You know...10 years ago, I used to do tarot readings and white magic spells. I know what you are saying! Interesting!! Keep me posted! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by matmysunshine
    Oh Charlotte I feel you, I am doing the same, but I was not as calm as you, it was weird, I started coughing, but my insides were shaking, and I would make funny noises I think it was because I was ignoring that I had to cough. But now I feel like my throat has tighten its hard for me to breath. I still have 1 hr and 30 min before I can go home. I even called the DR this is annoying, I have not slept because of this cough. What did u do to make it feel better, any advice would be great :O) Christy

Good ole' water kicks my violent cough's butt!!! Just drink it slowly when you are having a coughing fit...it really works!!! Then pop a throat losenge/cough drop in your mouth, and no more worries!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Feel better soon! Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Thanks all you guys for your positive words!! It feels likeI reached some sort of "milestone" today!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Now, I hope I am that calm the next time I really vomit!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

So far, no more coughing fits today. I feel fine, I just have a lingering cough that brings up phlem....nasty![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

harmonygirl72-I have yahoo instant messaging. My screen name is charzysbebe Yours?? Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Mine is harmonygirl72 on Yahoo! I will add you right now!

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72
    Mine is harmonygirl72 on Yahoo! I will add you right now!

Cool! That is great! I will add you on also. What times are you online the most? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I am online all different times. Often on weeknights and off and on on weekends. Are we in the same time zone? I think so. I'm in Central time.

Hope to chat soon!

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

I am online all different times. Often on weeknights and off and on on weekends. Are we in the same time zone? I think so. I'm in Central time.

Hope to chat soon!

Mary

Yep, I am central time too. I don't get online on Sundays because I have my 2 other kids over here. (they live with their dad) Saturdays, I pop on 1-2 times normally. Weekdays I get on atleast once during the afternoon, but mainly at night....like, late at night. Do you stay up late?

I get on at about 11pm and stay online for 2-3 hours. (weeknights) Are any of these days/times good for you? I will be leaving soon to do some "mystery shopping" for a certain company, so I won't be on again until late tonight. Tonight may be later than normal since I have lots of homwork. So if you are on after midnight tonight, that will work for me. You?? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]If not, maybe Monday afternoon at about 1:30pm??

I suppose I could have sent all this to you with the private messaging...oh well. LOL...TTYS, Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Hi,

Well, I work, so I don't get home until 3:30 or 4pm. Otherwise, nights are good, but I don't stay up too late on weeknights!!

Maybe late tonight! We'll see how tired I am!

Mary

Hey Girls... Charlotte and Mary... I added you both to my Yahoo IM system... my screen name of course is [email protected].

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

All right, I updated my Yahoo messenger and added all of you...Char, Harmony and Allie....so when you see the weird new person. that would be me.

cmfrans (yeah I know real exciting)
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

i added you guys to mine also...hope to chat soon

Yayy! Glad to get all your ID's!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Yay! I added you all, too! Allie, it was so funny, my friend was using the computer and he was like, "Um, someone named doilooklost (he said it like all one word!) wants to add you!" Haha! I was like, "Do you mean, Do I Look Lost??" Haha! And, is one of you vicky_thomas30? Someone named that added me, too....

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Mary