Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I am a little worried.

Hi all, I am new to this website so I am not exactly sure how to do these things. But I just wanted to ask. On Thursday my daughter had a sv* and I was up all that night worried about catching it because I had to take care of her obviously. I have felt fine ever since..just extremely panicked. My husband is on night shift right now and I wake up at least 3-4 times a night panicked that I might be getting something. I have cleaned pretty well I think. I am basically just taking things day to day and every little thing I feel I start to think im getting something.. I think if I were to catch something I would have already..but I just need a little reassurance to help my mind rest a little. Thanks!!

Default Re: I am a little worried.

Welcome! I think you are right, you would have caught something by now if you were going to. Great job being able to care for your daughter despite your fears. How old is she? If she is younger, it could have been a rotavirus or something else that typically doesn't hit adults as hard. Hang in there! Find something to distract yourself with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. She is 2 years old. She sees a few therapists a week who come to our home so its possible she caught it from them. It was sooo unbelievably hard to take care of her. I felt like such a horrible parent. Thank God my husband was there to help. After that I have literally been spending every day wondering when or if I am going to get it...Thank you so much for your praise tho. I appreciate it.

Sorry she was so sick :-( but it's been 5 days so if you caught it from her directly you would have known by now. Just make sure that everything she touched has been cleaned with bleach/water so kill the germs because it's possible those germs are still living on surfaces that can be picked up ... but you said you cleaned good so you should be fine.