Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Seriously do not know what to do...

I just feel like this is the absolute worse this problem has ever been. I am having multiple panic attacks daily, worrying about every single little feeling in my body when I used to be abel to rule stuff out and be rational about it, feeling terrible and incredibly tired every day because of how much this fear takes out of me, losing weight (I am 5 foot 5 and only 100 pounds whereas I was 110 about a month ago) because I cannot eat any meal anymore without having a panic attack during it, and on top of all that I am destroying my family because my parents cannot bear to see me like this (they even threatened to put me into a mental hospital if it gets worse. I just do not know how to deal with this anymore. I am only 17 and this is ruining what is supposed to be the best time of my life. I just feel like I am so out of options ( I have been to over 5 therapists) and nothing is helping. I just really want to be normal like I was back in 2nd grade before all this happened to me. I'm sorry to post such a depressing post but I just don't know who else to turn to. I feel so alone and I don't know if I can bear an entire life with this curse and trap of a phobia.

Default Re: Seriously do not know what to do...

Thank you I really appreciate it. I havent looked into all of those things because up until now I never viewed my problem as that serious but I suppose now those things are definitely worth a try. But I am now seriously considering a day in the hospital it almosst sounds good to me because I would just get to relaxed and not feel like I have to do 50 other things and feel like I am constantly being judged :/ Any suggestions for meds to ask my doctor about?

I am on an antidepressant for my anxiety and mild OCD. I also take benzos on occasion, but I do not have an addictive personality so I ratio them well. Sometimes I will go an entire year and only take 30 .50 mg pills in total. You have to be careful with those, but they work great for a short-term anxiety fix, but they aren't for a long term solution. I used to get highly anxious and panicky when i would try to eat when i was around your age. there are so many hormonal and emotional changes occuring very rapidly which can cause tremendous anxiety. Are meds an option for you so you can get regulated and try and get your anxiety level down so you can get your appetite up?

I am hoping that is what the meds will do if I decide to take them. I mainly just want to be able to eat and sleep again. I am making myself so unhealthy and thin and sleep deprived so if the meds can just control my anxiety enough so I can get back to my normal state of health I would be satisfied.