Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Inconsiderate people!

I have to say Cynna I completely agree, everyone handles the same situation differently and it's hard which ever end your at

We are on this site because things like the overheard conversation bother us, and this is where we come for support. I would be bothered, too, even though rationally I know that the world doesn't revolve around sickness and that not everyone freaks out or is marginally as concerned with v* as we are... BUT, this phobia isn't rational, so we can't expect our reactions to be so, you know? The thing is, people can be inconsiderate when it comes to sickness. My best friend just had the sv and was up sick all night on Wed night. Her work situation is not one that would hurt her financially or employment-wise if she called in sick one day-- she proceeded to go into work at an assisted living facility where she handles everyone's laundry AND is not very mindful about hand-washing / hygiene. I do think situations like that are inconsiderate. Her employers thought so, too, as she was v* at work around immune suppressed elderly patients, and they sent her home & told her not to come back for her scheduled shift today. Ugh. You would think after being best friends with OCD emet me that a LITTLE hygiene awareness would have rubbed off, lol, but nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Solliffe View Post
    If I had the will power if do that too but I'm not quite at that stage! Im still up for running away instead of facing it although it makes me miserable but knowing it possible makes me feel better.
    There's not really a 'stage' though. You just have to push yourself. Force yourself to face it. I understand if you are not ready to take such measures but that is really the only way you will recover, by pushing yourself. You will feel accomplished. I can guarantee you that.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

People on THIS FORUM talk about feeling sick, being sick, someone else being sick etc. Are WE all inconsiderate? I guess so.

I dont think its inconsiderate when people talk about it. They can talk about whatever they want. I think its inconsiderate when the know they are sick with something contagious and go out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
    I dont think its inconsiderate when people talk about it. They can talk about whatever they want. I think its inconsiderate when the know they are sick with something contagious and go out anyway.
    I had a stomach virus last year that kept me up all night sick, I evetually fell asleep, and woke up feeling like crap, but I still had stuff to do that day. I remember specifically going to the bank, driving 30 miles to my moms house (she was out of town) to take care of her animals, and then going to the store to pick up stuff for my sour stomach. It was what I had to do that day, and I am not an inconsiderate person for doing so. I am responsible and actually PROUD I was able to do that. The day after, I still felt lousy, but still visited my boyfriends aunt to drop off a photo disk to her. She never got sick. People who go about their daily lives while ill with a stomach virus I admire.

Right now my dad is in the hospital after suffering a heart attack last week, and undergoing a triple bypass yesterday morning. He's got it rough. I have seen my father in ways I never wanted to see him (suffering, in pain, tearing up hearing my sister cry) He was a risky surgery for many reasons.Now he may not be able to come home for a few months to go to a rehab center to finish recovering. Having a stomach virus isn't rough. Going out in public with something like a stomach virus isn't evil, situations like those ARE rough. having a heart attack is serious. I don't want pity, I want some people on here to see how life actually is, and how eye opening it can be when a loved one is going through what my father is going through.

I feel like this kind of thread pops up all the time. It is so frustrating

Im sorry about your Dad. I guess this is just a touchy subject for me because my mom had cancer and her immune system was compromised during chemo and after her surgery but she still wanted to go out sometimes. It just makes me angry because if she were to get sick it would have been life threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    I had a stomach virus last year that kept me up all night sick, I evetually fell asleep, and woke up feeling like crap, but I still had stuff to do that day. I remember specifically going to the bank, driving 30 miles to my moms house (she was out of town) to take care of her animals, and then going to the store to pick up stuff for my sour stomach. It was what I had to do that day, and I am not an inconsiderate person for doing so. I am responsible and actually PROUD I was able to do that. The day after, I still felt lousy, but still visited my boyfriends aunt to drop off a photo disk to her. She never got sick. People who go about their daily lives while ill with a stomach virus I admire.

Right now my dad is in the hospital after suffering a heart attack last week, and undergoing a triple bypass yesterday morning. He's got it rough. I have seen my father in ways I never wanted to see him (suffering, in pain, tearing up hearing my sister cry) He was a risky surgery for many reasons.Now he may not be able to come home for a few months to go to a rehab center to finish recovering. Having a stomach virus isn't rough. Going out in public with something like a stomach virus isn't evil, situations like those ARE rough. having a heart attack is serious. I don't want pity, I want some people on here to see how life actually is, and how eye opening it can be when a loved one is going through what my father is going through.

I can't exactly blame people for getting upset when someone who knows they are sick goes out into public and doesn't take any precautions, especially with respiratory illnesses, because those are spread through the air. TI doesnt bother me too much when someone is out with a stomach bug, because as long as they keep their hands clean and take precautions, it would be difficult to spread. It DOES bother me when people who work with food come into work with a stomach bug, because that is how it is spread so easily through food. I think a lot of those cruise ships with the huge Norovirus outbreak were caused from someone handling the food being ill, thus giving it to most of the passengers because they were all eating the food. That is just my opinion though.
    As with society, there will always be rude and inconsiderate people, who could care less about others around them. I feel a person who is ill can go out in public, they just need to take precautions so not to spread it to others. Some do, some don't.
    So, I will say that I cannot stand people who are sick who go out in public and don't take any precations because they couldn't care less if they spread it to others or not. However, not ALL sick people do that. Many keep their hands washed, try to stay a good distance from people, and only go where necessary.

I can understand that but let's say my dad once able to, goes out in public. He's not going to look well, and could be mistaken for a sick "inconsiderate" person. You don't know peoples stories by looking at them, or listening to part of a convo. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    I think a lot of those cruise ships with the huge Norovirus outbreak were caused from someone handling the food being ill, thus giving it to most of the passengers because they were all eating the food. That is just my opinion though..
    Also, people are very close to eachother there, it could be just one person who was sick, not necessarily a food handler. With the rep cruise ships have I would think they'd be cautious of food safety...

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    As with society, there will always be rude and inconsiderate people, who could care less about others around them. I feel a person who is ill can go out in public, they just need to take precautions so not to spread it to others. Some do, some don't.
    So, I will say that I cannot stand people who are sick who go out in public and don't take any precations because they couldn't care less if they spread it to others or not. However, not ALL sick people do that. Many keep their hands washed, try to stay a good distance from people, and only go where necessary
    I am not like that, but we cant control other people, we can only be responsible for what we can control (ourselves) germs are going to everywhere. its a fact of life
    Last edited by JadeNight; 11-03-2012 at 09:28 AM.

I sometimes get a bit panicked when people discuss vting where I can hear them, but not because I`m scared of catching it, the subject just grosses me out, that`s all.

this happened to me the other day too! I was in a newsagency and the girl working there was talking to her colleague about how someone she knows is so sick at the moment with gastro and is being sick so much etc.. needless to say I got out of there right away scared that the worker had been in contact with the sick person! arrhh!!

Angry Re: Inconsiderate people!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post

I was venting as i was panicked! Funnily enough tho the oast 3 weeks i had to fight my fear of hospitals also as my granddad was dying from mutiple organ faliure!!! So yes i do see how life really is seeing as i buried him 1 week ago!!!! Sorry but your comment has grated on me! Everyone here has the phobia to differen strengths just because YOU had dv and got on with it dosent mean anyone else would? We are all different! I was nervius so i vented on the forum? I personally think anyone with dv shiukd stay home till its cleared up! At least your father is alive... Maybe be happy for that

Quote Originally Posted by Maggyxmoo View Post
    I was venting as i was panicked! Funnily enough tho the oast 3 weeks i had to fight my fear of hospitals also as my granddad was dying from mutiple organ faliure!!! So yes i do see how life really is seeing as i buried him 1 week ago!!!! Sorry but your comment has grated on me! Everyone here has the phobia to differen strengths just because YOU had dv and got on with it dosent mean anyone else would? We are all different! I was nervius so i vented on the forum? I personally think anyone with dv shiukd stay home till its cleared up! At least your father is alive... Maybe be happy for that
    That's kind of uncalled for. JadeNight was just trying to help, to make you see that there really are worse things in the world than hearing someone having a conversation about vomiting or a stomach virus isn't the worst thing in the world.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^I second that. Talk about inconsiderate....
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Your original post:
    I Was shopping in sainsburys today and a girl walked passed me saying ''oh she has been being sick all day'' i was fine intill i heard that an ever since i have gone into extreme panic, As soon as i got in i washed my hands in HOT water that i now have a blister from it, I Am so scared i will now have a bug, I know her friend could of had a hangover but i am litreally sat here crying my eyes out! Hate people who openly talk about them ill or there friends!
    intill
    *until

And

What did you want people to tell you? Yes you will catch a stomach virus from eavesdropping? YOU are quite inconsiderate to have your finger pointing and judging others who you classify "inconsiderate" Jump on everyone who gives you a logical and different perspective and you get defensive and what's that word? oh, inconsiderate. Ironic.

I think the LOGICAL and RATIONAL thing to do is to take care of yourself and quit worrying and judging what other people are doing. It's not actually affecting your life. YOU'RE letting it. I personally think that anyone who can't deal with swallowing rational responses on a forum is just close minded.

Oh, and thanks, I am glad my dad is alive. In your case, be glad that your bad social manners didn't get you ill. See Norovirus FAQ on this site, I'm pretty sure eavesdropping on a strangers conversation isn't a cause of catching it.

I am so done with this forum. My patience are shot. Other members who agree with this girl can attack me, mods can ban me, lock this thread, do whatever because it would be doing my a favor
    Last edited by JadeNight; 11-13-2012 at 12:08 AM.

A-fucking-men Michelle!

What I don't get about this forum...there is WAY too much sugarcoating lately and encouraging unhealthy behaviors. We shouldn't be telling other members where they buy anti emetics, that it's alright to starve yourself if you're nauseous because you won't vom if there's nothing in your stomach (which is a total myth), washing your hands a million times a day and putting fucking bleach in your shower? I thought this was supposed to be a support forum encouraging people to OVERCOME the phobia. The majority of the people here just don't want to accept the facts and I agree that they appear close minded.

Facts: there is NO surefire way to prevent illness. We're human. We have immune systems. As long as we do our part to take care of ourselves, then our body takes over from there. That being said, people can stop drinking grape juice, stop getting pissed at people who look ill or talk about being ill, stop popping pills because sooner or later, the inevitable will happen. It will happen to me, too. Michelle had a very traumatic experience but it allowed her to realize there are far worse things than vomiting. EAT. SLEEP. LIVE YOUR LIFE. Repeat. I like seeing the posts about people who vomit and are proud of themselves for doing so. We should be congratulating and encouraging THAT behavior. We need not be close minded to facts. I'm just so worn out by seeing ridiculous posts and responses. I'm not even gonna respond anymore if it's ridiculous. Some people just need to take a real good look at things and think logically. Some people really need to hear this. I don't really care if I get banned either. It will just further prove that this board is for sheltering and coddling those who cannot accept or acknowledge the truth. Those people will never overcome this phobia and I want no part of that. So mods, do what you see fit. Good luck to those who actually want to overcome the phobia.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 11-13-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    My shadow

I Was shopping in sainsburys today and a girl walked passed me saying ''oh she has been being sick all day'' i was fine intill i heard that an ever since i have gone into extreme panic, As soon as i got in i washed my hands in HOT water that i now have a blister from it, I Am so scared i will now have a bug, I know her friend could of had a hangover but i am litreally sat here crying my eyes out! Hate people who openly talk about them ill or there friends!
    It could be anything...no need to panic...99% of the time things work out...hang in there.