Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sea bands ! a emets must have!

so i dont know if any of guys heard of these but in drug stores they sell these things called sea bands for like only 7 bucks. There little wrist bands with one ball on each band that when you put them on it hits a certain pressure point in your wrist that leads to the brain to stop nausea ! crazy i know but they work. there natural and safe. I wore mine after my surgery when they put me on all these pain meds that made me wanna be sick but soon as i put them on i felt great!

there really worth checking out

Default Re: sea bands ! a emets must have!

Yes, I had purchased a pair of them last year. Unfortunately, like with everything else, I misplaced them lol. They were not quite tight enough so I would have to manually push the little balls into the acupressure point to feel significant relief. All in all they were pretty handy and I would recommend them as an alternative to medication.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Hah, I wish I had that when I was travelling by boat in a stormy sea near Brittany but I usually just press on my inner wrist with my other hand and it works too (ok, people give me weird looks but.. I can deal with that).

I`d have bought some, but I read that theyr`e only a placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I`d have bought some, but I read that theyr`e only a placebo.
    even if it's only the placebo-effect as long as it works it is a very big help!
    Where exactly are those pressure points if I may ask?

I use these sometimes. I first tried them last year. My best friend did too. Motion causes issues for both of us and we felt NOTHING when we were wearing it.

sea bands are my live savers! I'm pretty sure it's a placebo effect, but it works, so whatever! Even if I'm not even that nauseous, just having a bit of a panic attack, they still make me feel better. They usually work best if I put them on right when I first start feeling nauseous before it gets too bad. I've worn them when I was feeling my absolute worst and they work great, at least so far!

Quote Originally Posted by AlHale View Post
    even if it's only the placebo-effect as long as it works it is a very big help!
    Where exactly are those pressure points if I may ask?
    Here you go!

http://www.virtua.org/adam/health%20...dia/2/9688.htm

Placebo effect or not...it definitely helps
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Yup - I bought some a few months ago to prepare for a long car journey I ended up doing all the driving so in the end I didn't need them. Then a few weeks back we were heading south fo a wedding - I drove the whole way down - bar a half hour in the middle - the plan was I would do half and my hubby the other half but I felt so ill after only half an hour that I had to get my hubby to pull over and swap places. On the way home I was just toooooo shattered to drive - so after about an hour and a half I reluctantly swapped places with my husband - I popped the sea bands on a comfortably sat in the passenger seat for over 3 hours! It was amazing! When we got home we went straight into town and bought take outs. I took the wristbands off before we got out the car to get the takeouts - I didn't put them back on before we went home and I felt so ILL in the 5 minute car journey home! They're BRILLIANT!

I really wanna check this out... hopefully I can find some weher I live.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't find them or can't be bothered going out to get them (me lol) you can make them yourself... not sure how effective it would be but here's the link if you're interested: http://www.ehow.com/way_5772309_reli...-sickness.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

You can also use your fingers! You just have to use a great amount of pressure.
    My shadow

Has anyone tried wearing these when you feel nausea from the sv? Just curious if they'd prevent v* in that situation.

I'd be interested to know if they helped with nausea from a sv, too. I'm so worried now that it's getting colder here. This time last year my son got a sv and then I got it, my daughter got it, then I got it again! I'm already having anxiety attacks about a trip to visit family out of town. I'm definitely taking my sea bands, I'd forgotten about them for the car ride. My problem isn't motion sickness, it's anxiety over being stuck in the car for hours, possibly in lots of traffic, with two small kids during sv season, etc. Like others said, even if it's a placebo effect, it works because the nausea is all in our heads anyway, right?

i have really tiny wrists (can't even wear nice watches or bracelets - just kids stuff), do they sell them in miniature wrist size?

The ones I have are made of an elasticised knit material. I have small wrists, to, and they fit me well enough. You could always make them tighter by folding a bit of the material over and sewing it together to make them smaller, I guess.

The actual "brand name" ones you get in the store--usually black--fit me best but I also ordered gray ones on eBay that are "generic" (4 in a package for half price) and they run a little tighter.

Like I said, you could also use like the ball of a pen or your fingers and apply the pressure yourself. It's a little more work, but it produces the same effect if you apply the right amount of pressure.
    My shadow