Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Getting better I think...

I am in CBT and exposure therapy right now and I think it's paying off. My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption, but I always avoided one scene. Today I said I would watch that scene because if I do it now then I can watch the full movie without ever having to leave the room again. And I did it!!! I jumped up and down cheering! My husband was so proud. And it wasn't as bad as I remember it being years ago. Hurray for small triumphs.

Default Re: Getting better I think...

Well done & good for you!! Ive never seen the film (Im not a film lover!) but I know how much a v* scene affects me so congrats. Its so good when hard work pays off so be proud of yourself.

I've seen that movie tonnes of times but can't recall the scene - :/ haha I must not pay much attention. I tend to be ok with v* in movies - I used to be terrified but my mum used to say 'Its just canned soup...how else do they film it over and over again?'

If you have ever played a common video game online and got totally owned, then you have probably wanted to get better at this game.