Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Male or Female? (Out of curiosity)

I had a realization today that all of the Emetophobes I've met online (and that's quite a few) were female.

I don't recall ever talking to a male phobic. Now, I know there have got to be some of you out there, so let's have a little roll call.

Reply with your gender!

Default Re: Male or Female? (Out of curiosity)

Male. And I'm not the only one.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Probably because of morning sickness, haha. That's strange that you don't see too many male sufferers.

Famale

Boys don't talk about emetophobia. ;P

I agree. Males are less likely to talk about or seek help for emetophobia. That said, Doug isn't the only male on the boards, there've been many come and go over the time I've been a member.

Me, I'm female.
    Come visit my history blog:

Female. I agree with the others that it's probably because women are more inclined to seek help in a community whereas men suffer in silence. As for women v* more often, well we do have more triggers pregnancy, hormonal fluctuations, and we are more prone to stress and anxiety as a rule.

Female, and I have to agree, there are much more women here than men, but they'll find you. And btw, we are not a bad company, if you ever need help
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

I`m female, someone once answered one of my threads calling me "dude", I don`t know how they got the impression that I was male!

Female... I have met males on here though haha.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

Female right here!

Female, but yea we are good to talk to

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I`m female, someone once answered one of my threads calling me "dude", I don`t know how they got the impression that I was male!
    Oh my gosh, please! I explained, 'dude' is actually something I call everyone, no matter whether they're male or female.

I am female. I think that males try to be manly about it and ignore it as much as possible and never seek help.

I used to be like that.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

female here!!

Female! And apparently in the majority.

Female here, and I've heard that emetophobia is fairly rare to find in men, which is why there are seemingly way more women online here than there are guys. Interesting to know. It also said the reason most women are emetophobic is because of morning sickness, they're afraid of getting sick from being pregnant.... I know it certainly makes me wanna keep my legs shut!! lol
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend

Male, first forum I have joined but in my experience it is usually females. I know my fear stems from a young age, my mum has Krones desease and was constantly ill when I was growing up. I have only (In living memory) been sick 3 separate times in 26 years, the last time 9 years ago. I will do literally anything to avoid being sick, i hate this phobia. The women I have dated have mostly understood my fear but it really has effected so much of my life

Male from the UK .

Newbie poster but been using this site for a couple of years to try and get some support.

Have to agree with Jack , it has affected a lot of my life and has gotten worse the past few years .

Fixxxer is a dude! lol but yeah, I get whatchya mean. Anywhoooo I'm a female

It would make sense that women vomit more....morning sickness, hormones, PMS, etc.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Female. Honestly, any men that I have tried to talk to about this think I am completely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MissieJ0322 View Post
    Female. Honestly, any men that I have tried to talk to about this think I am completely crazy.
    Aw, really? For me, men have been the most supportive save from my father. My bosses at work are SO nice about it, and my make co-worker takes care of any customers who are ill for me so I don't have to... It's funny how people's experiences differ.

I was a male....until the operation....

Just kidding! I'm a female (and was born as one!)

Male, though currently I am doing very well. I no longer feel very phobic.
    I was phobic for as long as I could remember until I entered my late teens early 20's. Since then each year I seem to get a little better.

I Am A Lady ((: & twinmom, tht made me laugh so hard! i didnt expect that..lol..

I'm proud to be a female

Female. I think women talk about it more

I'm a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriwien View Post
    I'm a male, im not scared of anything (could let a snake or lizard or mouse crawl on my arm) except of emet, really badly
    Whether you're male or female doesn't dictate whether you're afraid of anything, I'm a female and I could handle snakes, lizards, mice, rats as well

Female, but my dad and grandpa are emets too. It just presents differently in males sometimes (often with anger/avoidance rather than outward anxiety).

I'm the transgender person that was mentioned. I'm a male.