Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Metoclopramide?

Default Metoclopramide?

Hi everyone, I was prescribed metoclopramide 10mg for really bad nausea and sickness when I get my period, I was just wondering if anyone knew much about it??

Default Re: Metoclopramide?

My sister was given this for a stomach virus a couple of years ago. It took less than an hour for it to get rid of her nausea.

Yea I have had it, it works.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Meto is fantastic - I was prescribed it when I was discharged from hospital with a kidney infection (worst n* of my life). It acts really quickly, it's easy to swallow and you can take it alongside other drugs like painkillers/antibiotics. Might just be a placebo but I also felt calmer after taking it.

I was prescribed it for side efects of an ssri, & it worked well.

I was prescribed this a few months back when I was dealing with morning sickness. It did help the nausea, however it has a nasty side effect of anxiety (not everyone gets this side effect but if you currently have anxiety or are prone to it you have a higher chance of getting this side effect) ... I ended up in the hospital after a week on a 5mg tablet 2x day with a HORRIBLE panic attack, I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, it was horrible.

They pumped fluids through me like crazy because I was dehydrated and then I ended up peeing everything out of my system, took a few days for me to feel better and I threw the pills in the garbage. I now have Phenergan to take as needed ... helps with nausea and it has a sedative effect that helps calming my anxiety.