Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Ugh. cant handle this again...help! Posting in 2 forums....sorry

I have deleted for privacy
    Last edited by cheymcg; 12-13-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Default Re: Ugh. cant handle this again...help! Posting in 2 forums....sorry

Hey Hun....
    How are you doing now? What a scary situation for you-so sorry you have to go through this alone!
    How old is your son? Is he old enough to decipher if he's going to v? it's kinda weird, usually little kids just let fly cause they don't have the fighting instinct to keep IT from happening if it's going to. Hopefully, if he hasn't done it yet, he won't (fingers crossed!). Does he have a fever or any other symptoms?
    Whatever you do, please try to stay calm for his sake-at least when you are talking to him. Can you maybe put a bunch of towels
    down next to him and maybe line a pail with a plastic bag? That way, maybe you can relax a little little bit while he lays down. I'm sure you are sitting on the edge, waiting to grab him and bolt at the next sign!
    Hang in there-hope you are both feeling a little better!
    Jennifer

Thanks for replying! I forgot to mention that the first time he thought he was going to v was at 8 this morning. He was acting completely fine up until 3 this afternoon when he started crying saying he was going to v again. It almost 5 now and nothing. I have him on the floor in a bed with the bowl next to him....but he just asked me for a snack again! He was eating all afternoon, I though he would have v it all up the second time. But he hasn't, which is good but I don't know what to think about all this.

Oh and he is 4. No other symptoms. No fever! No d either... He had a very regular bm the afternoon.

Could use someone to talk to.

Sorry!
    Had to logoff for a bit for an appt I had at 7. It doesn't sound as though he is going to v, especially since he keeps asking for a snack. It's very likely he has a gassy or acidy tummy and just doesn't know how to explain it. One thing about the little ones is that when they are going to v, there usually no getting around it. I really think if he were going to, he woulda by now since hes been doing this for a few hours. Also, if he had SV, he'd be exhibiting other symptoms-lethargic, whiny, feverish, no appetite, d.
    Do you have a heating pad you can put on his belly? That could help settle his belly, especially if he has gas bubbles.
    Jennifer

Yea it's possible he is gassy. It's so weird. I was wondering if it may be post nasal drip. Not sure. He had a sand which around 6 and right after eating it he told me he thought he may v again but didn't....so strange. It's almost like he is scared....I have no idea. I'm scared for the night time cause last month he had some kind of flu and v 4 times throughout the night. The behavior is very strange though....he's never done this.

Do you think its possible that his tummy is a little upset, but he's scaring himself because he remembers being sick from a couple months ago? He might be thinking that a stomachache means v. How did he handle being sick?
    Jennifer

Next week it will be a month since he was sick. And yes that could be it. It just seems like he is expecting it to happen but it's not. And he tells me that his tummy feels good about 20 minutes after he thinks he is going to be sick. 3 weeks ago when he was sick he handled it ok...he cried before he v but I was there every time. I'm sure he could tell I was nervous but I held his bucket and comforted him. I hope he isn't getting the fear from me. He knows that he will get better though and doesn't seem to upset about being sick....

he might not be fearful but might have the post nasal drip and just be telling you he feels like he may v for attention....kids will do pretty much anything for attention. if he hasnt v, he prob wont. the post nasal is prob making his belly a little off ( this morning mostly ) but then will all the extra mommy loving, he probably figures why not?

Perhaps he has a touch of the stomach bug, but it isnt enough to make him vomit. It is just enough so that his stomach is upset. Something like 82% of all nausea DOES NOT result in vomitting. However, he may feel nauseas, and remembers the last time he did, he vomitted, so he thinks that since he is having the same feelings, that will happen. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.

Thanks guys. Really don't know what it is. He is asleep now. Really worried that he will wake up sick in the middle of the night....lets pray not!

That sounds just like my little brother when he used to get colds. He had a very gag reflex and post nasal drip would always make him n.

So update- he slept through the night and seems fine this morning. Except my stomach feels like it has been punched and I have d....ugh. I never have d unless I'm sick. So I'm sick. Ugh! No v yet though....been feeling sick since 7am. Really don't want to be sick. Fighting it. My son has gone to a close family friends house because I need to concentrate on myself right now and feel better.

There's a good possibility that your sick feeling and d is a result of all the anxiety you experienced yesterday. Hopefully once you get a chance to chill out and bring your anxiety levels down, you will start feeling better
    Jennifer