Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default An emetophobe's worst nightmare,

Today when I went into work I found out that one of my bosses that I spent 7+ hours with yesterday wasn't in today because she v*'d yesterday and has a possible s*v*. Ugh, I am so terrified that if she does have a s*v* that I could have caught it. It's going to be a long, nerve wracking night.

Default Re: An emetophobe's worst nightmare,

UGH...I think you will be okay....breath deep, get some fresh air....the boss probably has a poor immune system....and people with suppressed systems get stuff really easy.....wash you hands, and try and get some rest....Meditate...anything to help you feel serene.

Peace~
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear, is Fear Itself- Franklin D. Roosevelt
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only thing is, my immune system is crap too. :c I'm hoping & praying that she had food poisoning and not s*v* because none of the other girls at work seem to be sick, and she was the only one that didn't come in today. One of the girls says she thinks the boss got food poisoning from bad cream cheese. So I'm realllllly hoping that's what it is.

Or she could be hung over/faking to pull a sicky? I think people make stuff up a lot to be honest. x

I agree with Jenny - non emets always seem to be prone to exaggerating because they don't fear it the way we do. A lack of education on the subject also plays a part - don't forget we know the ins and outs of sv*s etc, so she's probably making more of a deal out of it than necessary. I can guarantee if she had an sv* yesterday you'd have known about it seeing as you spent the best part of the day with her!

Chin up, I'm sure you'll be just fine
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)