Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: i need some opinions

I need to know if i am underweight...im 167-8cm and weigh 52kg, about 114 pounds. Sorry this is random but i need some opinions.

Default Re: OT: i need some opinions

Sry to ask but how old are you , ?But straight out youre at 18,4 BMI wich is concidered underweight, but it depends of numerous factors,
    Last edited by John362; 12-29-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Im 18 years of age

Some people have metabolisms that keep them thin. BMI is just a number. Do you eat healthy well balanced meals? Do you get enough calories? Do you feel good about your body?

I'm approximately the same weight/height as you, five foot seven and 114 lbs. I'm 22. Cynna is right, it's mostly about how healthy you are vs. what weight you are, as I just happen to have a fast metabolism. If you are eating regular well-balanced meals (NOT just junk food and carbs, but with ample proteins, grains, fruits etc) and don't feel like you are limiting your food or watching your weight then I wouldn't worry. If you are feeling frequently fatigued, angry, upset, weak, headaches etc then your low weight might be affecting your health and that is something to worry about. However if you feel strong and are eating regularly and are generally healthy, that's a different story!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have a totally different question: I'm 5'4 and around 127 pounds. I hate my body. My goal is 110 pounds, but if I keep eating the way I do (not too much, but only junk food) I'll never be able to reach 110. This and my therapist, friends AND parents making clear that I must not loose weight

Well, I don't think you are underweight. Anya made a good point. You have to feel well. I'd love to have your weight, btw.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm 18 and I'm 2 inches shorter than you and 52kg. I've been told that I'm the right weight for my height so I'd say you're in the same range, possibly under a little? I'm not too sure, your GP would know for sure though I never put on weight because I have a disease that does weird stuff to my metabolism... if you find it hard to put on weight you might have a fast metabolism.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

I used to eat really crappy, but cleaned up my act a few years ago. It was tough AT FIRST, but I did notice after a few months I stopped craving chips and burgers and started craving salads and veggies. Once your body catches on that something is good for it, it gets a LOT easier to avoid stuff that makes you feel not as great afterwards.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Ana 5'4" 127 is great! Seriously, that is an excellent weight. Do you want to loose more weight to be a certain size or something? Do you want to be hungry every minute of your life? Do you want to stress about calories and fat every second of every day? The ideal that women aspire to from models/actress/etc is unhealthy, unattainable for most without starvation, unrealistic, etc. Most women are a size 12-16. Plus size models in the magazines are not even plus size in real life. Find out what looks good on you and rock it.

I need to loose weight again. I either eat too little or too much. I need to get back to healthy living again. UGH

For the ones that are naturally skinny, embrace your body. Figure out what looks good on you and rock it!

Kinetic, another way to tell if your weight is good is to look at the condition of your hair. Hair tends to fall out or get dry/brittle if you are too underweight.

I have been struggling the last few months with a low appetite. I dont eat enough and i think im becoming anorexic. i just dont think im physically at a dangerous weight, but i feel fat sometimes and idk. I know im not healthy but i have to start eating chicken again. I fainted driving the ofher day

Thank you Cynna, you are always cheering me up. You are amazing! *virtual hug* I still want to loose weight because I'm one of the fattest girls in my class. If I'm not mistaken I'm wearing size 6. Yeah, that's right. I want size 4. Everyday I look at my body and feel the urge to cry. My father bought a bike and next year I'm starting some sports, lets see if with that and better food I can loose 8kg. What's your weight?

Kinetic, that's not good. Why don't you try taking any vitamin pills?
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Size six? Great job!!!! I am not sure if I was ever a 6. Who cares what size the other kids in school are. Embrace your body, learn to love your body. HUG

Kinetic, passing out while driving????? GOTO THE DOC, GO DIRECTLY TO THE DOC, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT DRIVE YOURSELF THERE. If you are worried about becoming anorexic get help now when it might be easier to nip it in the bug. If you do not like meat, there are other protein sources available. Eat girlfriend. HUG

Kinetic, you have to go to the doc if you passed out while driving. Like I said above, that weight can be healthy if you FEEL healthy. Feeling fat and passing out while driving is not feeling healthy!! Even if your physical weight is not dangerous it can be dangerous if you are not getting the vitamins you need.

I would suggest seeing a nutritionist maybe. When my phobia was at its worst almost 3 years ago I lost so much weight that I was 5 foot 7 and 102 lbs. I couldn't walk up the stairs without getting tired. I was also scared to eat because of the phobia (that's why I lost so much weight). I went to a nutritionist and she helped me work out eating and meals that didn't scare me to eat, and I didn't have to eat all that much but the things that were in the meals and the ways they were balanced made sure that I still got all the vitamins and nutrients I needed to gain some weight but most importantly be and feel healthy again.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Well to update, I havent been to a doctor but i have been eating more and feel quite a bit better. haven't put on any weight yet and i found out i have lost 8 kilos in the past 9 months. so there is definately an abnormality when it comes to my weight i used to be 60kg. Honestly i am comfortable with my current weight but eh, i am scared to eat and be back up to 60 again dunno why but it feels TOO heavy to me. Ugh. I think i should probably speak to a proffessional.
    And spilled, thanks for your personal insight considering you went through an eating disorder. I asked mum about a nutritionist but she doesnt seem to think it is necessary.

Everyone knows where they feel comfortable. I get a lot of flack from people because I worry about my weight. I'm only 5'1 and I have a REALLY tiny frame (narrow shoulders and hips). I feel the most comfortable between 95-100 lbs, depending on how much I've been working out. I don't care so much about the number. I carry ALL of my weight in my belly, so I always judge by how I look from the side. I HATE my pooch.

I started the ring 3 months ago, and it's made me obsessive about food and I'm up to almost 105. None of my jeans are fitting and I feel disgusting. If it were evenly spread out it would be different, but it's literally like 10 extra lbs on my gut and butt. My mom is over weight, and I don't like that I'm not 'allowed' to do anything about it at 10 lbs, I have to wait until it's 50? Ugh.

Find what feels comfortable for YOU and don't let anyone else deny it. If you eat a healthy diet, and feel good, you'll know. If you start feeling tired or sick, then it's time to see a doctor to see if it's a real problem.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ