Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

I need some help deciding if I'm in the clear or not. Two Tuesday's ago,the 19th, so almost two weeks ago, my boyfriend had a stomach virus. He ended up v only three times until early Wednesday morning. He had d until Friday evening. Ever since he got sick until this day I have cleaned our bathroom and kitchen with bleach. I also cleaned various things in the living room where he was hanging out while sick I.e. remotes, controllers, coffee table. And I also cleaned the door knobs. The only thing I have t really been able to clean is anything on his desk like his computer stuff, phone, and desk itself. I want to stop cleaning but still don't feel safe if he's maybe still spreading the virus from his uncleaned desk items and since it can live on surfaces for 2 weeks to months. When can I stop cleaning and feel safe????

Default Re: A few questions

Please help. I just want to stop cleaning...

YOU MADE IT!! 10 days is all you need. CDC says you are most contagious for 3 days. You are in the clear. If he practiced good hand washing during this time, he should not have contaminated any surfaces other than the bathroom.

Wanna clean my house instead? You home probably looks clean like the ones in the commercials. Mine is messy. Just cleaned my bathrooms today though. Watch out for the cleaning fumes which can take your breath away.

I make sure to wear a mask when I clean :P I might still clean for a few days though until I hit the two week mark of his last symptoms. He did wash his hands most of the time, however, he did not wash his hands after the first time he v. So my thought is that he got it in his phone then his computer then his desk... Etc. still haven't kissed him :/ lol I know it can live in people's bm for up to two weeks or longer too. Is this always true?

Not from what I understand. It can take up to 10 days, but maybe less. You better give him a New Years kiss tonight. Kiss Him!! Listen to the song Kiss the Girl from the Little Mermaid and get inspired to kiss him. I know would be better if it was called kiss they guy, but still a good song.