Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you have any other phobias?

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear if you have any other phobias? If so, what?

Besides emetophobia, I have social phobia and a phobia of injections. Interestingly enough, they're both connected to my emetophobia.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Do you have any other phobias?

I have a phobia of death which is horrid! Anytime someone gets sick I worry its something dreadful and look for all sorts of things that aren't there!

Also clowns....damned Stephen king!!!! Lol

Oooh also the dentist, fruit pastels and fish and chips on a Monday! I *v when I was 13 after having done all of them and have never done them on a Monday since! Yep I know I sound crazy!

Oh no! I'm guessing you've seen IT then? D: After watching that film, I've been scared of clowns. You're not crazy at all by the way! I avoid listening to a certain song because I remember I was listening to it when I had my last SV*.

RLS1994, all the same as you, as well as certain letters and numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey_anne View Post
    I have a phobia of death which is horrid! Anytime someone gets sick I worry its something dreadful and look for all sorts of things that aren't there!

Also clowns....damned Stephen king!!!! Lol
    The ONLY good clown is a dead clown! Mine fear of clowns didn't come from Stephen King, but when I was younger and a clown got in my face.
    Oh, and I know this sounds really silly and stupid, but Loons. Those birds/ducks scare the CRAP out of me!!! The call they make! Yeah, I have watched too many scary movies and they ALWAYS have a loon call!!!!!!!! *Shudder* just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end!!!!!

Closed in spaces! I am awful!!!!!

I'm not a fan of moving heights... not a phobia per say but a strong dislike. Like I don't like those sky lift things or swinging bridges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeshine View Post
    RLS1994, all the same as you, as well as certain letters and numbers.

Same with me with numbers. Anything between 16 - 21 I don't like. When I was younger those were always the dates of the month I used to get the SV* in December for some strange reason. And since then, I've been superstitious over those days.

I don't like to be flipped upside down unexpectedly. (Weird that would ever come up, but I'm tiny. lol). I'm afraid I'll V. Ironically enough, as a baby I'd eat upside down, and I spend yyears in gymnastics.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Escalators and heights.

Heights. Anything else stems from my emet, social settings, elevators, doctors, working, eating at restaurants, airplanes, boats, traveling..all fears I have, but they all come back to my sv* fear. I'm basically not functioning at times.

luckily i only have emetophobia now, until i was 15/16 years old i had irrational fears of needles, travelling on aeroplanes and travelling on trains, shows how much things have changed since i now work on the railway

I wouldn't say this is a phobia, but more a fear. I hate sting rays SO much. If I see one on TV (good on ya David Attenborough lol) I sometimes just look at it with disgust. I think it's because one day I went for a swim and put my goggles on and was soon face to face with a sting ray... which is a shame as I live on the coast in Australia and they seem to be in abundance haha.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a very strong aversion to needles and anything that has to do with veins haha. I can't even take my own pulse without freaking out. It grosses me out intensely and makes me shiver. You can imagine my excitement when I have to get my blood taken :/

Emetophobia seems to be the strongest but apart from that the only other fears I have are of Injections and Flying/Heights. I had to have an MRI of my Heart which most people were scared of because of the confined space and being claustrophobic but I was terrified of the injection of the end which had to be into my veins to inject dye in my system (sorry if it's graphic!) and then I had to have a filling in March which involved a needle in which I wasn't aware of until literally the last minute when I was at the Dentist, I postponed the appointment until June and when I went back I saw the needle and couldn't do it again! I felt so ridiculous but the sight of it just knocked me back, I was set another date for July which would be after my holiday in Spain and I thought I'm just going to have to get on with it and get it done whether I like it or not so when I went for my appointment, I just closed my eyes and didn't feel a thing. I was so relieved that it was over since it had been hanging over me for months!

Then with Flights/Heights kinda roll into one, I just get wary when taking off as superstitious thoughts enter my mind but I've noticed I'm more relaxed about it recently, I'm going on a 9 hour flight in March which I'm kinda looking forward to since I've always had a good time on those flights, plus it's too Florida which I absolutely love so it's totally worth it!

So yeah basically just those. Kinda got carried away!
    Last edited by itsJoe; 01-03-2013 at 08:19 PM.

I have social phobia and agoraphobia

Not really. I used to be terrified of heights and speaking in public, but I worked very hard and those are no longer even fears for me. Although, I feel if I was truly over my fear of heights, I could skydive or bungee jump, but those still seems very scary to me. All my other fears, I have mostly been able to take head on and conquer. I am working on this one. I no longer run away when my kids v* instead I run toward and tend to think the worst, but I am working on that. I used to be afraid of spiders and bugs, but I do pretty well now - unless the are the size of the palm of my hand or larger. Then, I still get nervous. I really don't like snakes or barking dogs. I'm good with clowns. They aren't funny, but they have never scared me.

i have a weird anxiety about my teeth. i dont think this is terribly uncommon, but i always have nightmares where my teeth fall out. i hate going to the dentist and having them poke around at my teeth. i also dont like heights or flying very much.

OH. and i hate bugs. especially any that bite/sting

in recent years ive become scared of flying. i used to love it, but now i get really light headed during take off and anding and it scares the hell out of me. i also dread needing the toilet on a plane or beng ill on a plane or someone else v*ing. Also I dont like insects.

I'm very anxious in almost all social interactions. Meetings at work, and doctors appointments are especially anxiety provoking. I am pretty well completely over emetophobia, but the social anxiety just won't go away.
    David

Mine wouldn't really be a phobia, well I dunno.. I can't handle someone putting their hands around my neck. Like not even gently or as a teasing thing- it completely terrifies and panics me. I have no clue why.. might be related to my asthma and this whole issue with not always being able to breathe when I want to??