Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Height and Weight

Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

I was bullied for being chubby as a teenager, so as an adult I like to keep a close eye on my size. I used to weigh myself obsessivly in my 20`s, & even took slimming pills which gave me panic attacks. Nowadys I don`t obsess too much about my weight, I`m scared of getting fat, but as long as I can fit into a size 12, (UK), then I`m content.

Height: 5'4
    Weight: About 100 (give or take a few lbs)
    I've always been naturally skinny, but almost sickly looking during the height of my anxiety problems/chain smoking.
    Never had an eating disorder. Never needed one, ha.
    I usually eat one large meal a day.
    I will eat nearly anything (surprisingly for an emetophobe). I eat mostly healthy food.
    I do not cook meat at all (because I don't trust myself) so I eat mostly vegetarian (plus eggs).
    Obsessed with kale and avocado.
    I like my body but I'd like to tighten up my thighs so I'm not that flabby thin person.
    Last edited by alexikiss; 01-10-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Hello

I'm a binge-eater and my weight fluctuates a lot. Just now I have a BMI of about 26 and am 5 foot 6.

Emet means I can't eat out and am very careful to wash my hands after touching any packaging on food at home but otherwise I eat normally, apart from night-time binge-fests (whole packets of biscuits/cookies, 6 packets of crisps, 3/4 chocolate bars etc).

xx
    Last edited by emet-ana; 01-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Midgets are proportional dwarfs. They essentially look like little kids or dolls. They do not exist as much anymore due to the use of growth hormones.
    Cynna, you know so much about this! Sorry to keep this topic going on this thread but a dwarf is someone who has the physical traits.. like the shorter arms and etc.. but a midget is someone who is essentially "normal" proportioned just short? I'm only 4'8" and 21 yrs old.. so I really look like someone in 5th or 6th grade.. so I would technically be considered a midget? I never knew that! I'm surprised my doctor never told me this! He just offered me growth hormones but when I declined that was that.

I never meant to armchair diagnose anyone when I gave more information about the term midget.

Livepink I sent you a pm on this for where you can go for more information, including what types of doctors you can talk to if interested in finding out answers to your questions.

Peace

i only just looked at this thread again, i'm so sorry if i've offended anyone by useing the term midget! i often forget this is an international site, and that some words have heaps of different meaning around the world. the australian sense of humour is very much about having a giggle about yourself, and your friends; this could seem so weird to soem of you guys! the term midget is used affectionately over here- so for example my name's emily, and in my homeroom last year there was another emily; she was big em (very tall) and i was midget em.

again im so sorry to anyone who was offended!

No offense taken here on my part! My friends at work call me everything under the sun since I'm so small! Little Kate, rodent, cockroach, baby gaga its all in good fun! Better to have a laugh about it then get hurt xox

Yes, the term midget is a (not very PC) way to say that someone's short here... But I don't think the Aussie sense of humour is very PC like... EVER I got what you meant, skittles!

As for my heat, I'm 5'6, and way too heavy for my height. I'm trying to fix that though. You guys who are so much thinner than me calling yourselves fat, I don't think that I'm fat. I'm bigger than I should be but I'm not fat, and neither are you guys.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Love your attitude kdjd.

I am 36 years old, am 4' 10" and about 124 lbs. My heaviest was 140 when I was 15 and my lowest was about 58 in 2004 after being severely anorexic for 10 years.

My weight always goes down a bit in the winter because both my emet and anxiety are much worse and therefore I get n* more and don't eat as much. I eat more in the summer when I am calmer.

I'm 5'7" and fluctuate between 135-142 usually. I was hospitalized for anorexia(now I think it was emet-related, really, even though my body image issues were very real) in my early twenties and weighed 98 lbs. It was very unhealthy for me. Now, I focus on lifting weights and staying fit, so I really don't weigh myself that often but go on how my clothes fit. Plus, I tend to obsess on numbers, and that's not good for me. Emet definitely affects how I eat... to be as "ripped" as I want to be, I should be eating low carb, high protein, and lots of veggies. I eat lots of protein and whole grain carbs, but I cannot eat veggies (except for carrots ), as they totally mess with my IBS-- then I freak out Plus, on really bad anxiety days when my stomach is a mess, I will just eat what I can--unfortunately my "safe" foods are things like Coke (argh!) and Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins... Oh well. It's weird-- even though I have been at a healthy weight for years, I don't think my mind will ever recover from the body dysmorphia that went along with my anorexia. I work out hard, lift heavy, and am in pretty good shape-- but to me, it will never be good enough, you know? It's like, every time I reach a fitness goal, I "raise the bar," and it just goes on and on...

And, Sarah, I remember being really thin (right before I was hospitalized) and was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding-- everybody was either saying to me what they're saying to you about being jealous, etc., OR they were talking behind my back, trying to guess what amphetamines I was on. Truth was, at that time, I wasn't using amphetamines and was just in so much pain inside from phobia-related anxiety, etc, that I felt like screaming! I would have traded places with them at any moment if I could have, because I was miserable.

I even had a friend say to me a few months ago, after I TRIED to reach out to her about my anxiety / phobia, "Well, if I looked like you, I wouldn't have a care in the world." REALLY?! Because I am so anxious I can barely leave my house, and it doesn't mean s*&t what a person looks like on the outside! It does not cure the mess that I feel on the inside. Oops, guess I had a little rant, too. Sorry

I'm 5' 2.5" (maybe 3") and I'm about 90-91lbs. I dislike how I look in the mirror, but I also don't eat out of fear of getting sick. I've been hospitalized twice in the past for being extremely under weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Love your attitude kdjd.
    Thanks cynna!
    Come visit my history blog:

I am 5'0 even and about 115lbs. I would like to lose 10lbs (and before someone tries to make an argument...lol it would still be a healthy weight for aforementioned height!) I am growing more comfortable with my body as I don't have much of a choice in the matter. I definitely have my days where I feel like a beached whale or a warthog ...don't we all? My problem is comparing myself to others which is not at all healthy. I also try to remind myself that we do not have our looks forever. In fact, I will look completely different someday, yet I will still be the same person. It's a...strange yet reassuring thought.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 01-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I'm 5'3'' and 121. Still trying to lose the last of my baby weight from having two babies in two years. I was 112 when I got pregnant, and went back down to 112 easily after baby #1. After baby #2, my body stayed at 132. I felt miserable, and I did the 30 shred and watched my eating and lost 10 pounds, now I just want to lose 6 more and I be so happy. I have gone through stages of eating disorders. I think it actually started when I got sick when I was 13, and was afraid to eat for months after that. Then I realized I liked being thin. So ever since then, I've hated having any extra weight at all, and I've felt embarrassed to even be seen in public. Recently I've lost a couple more pounds because my emet has been much more intense during the winter months /: I can't wait for summer, I don't have to worry so much!

I am 16 and am 4'11 and weigh between 92-95 pounds. I know it seems thin, but my mom is like that too. Its mainly genetics... But it woukd be nice to gain some weight, it is so hard though and emet does effect how I eat, but I am pretty ok with my body.

I forgot to add my height, I`m 5`4", & the last time I weighed myself, I was about 140 lbs. I know that sounds heavy, but I`m not big built, although I`d love to be a few pounds lighter. maybe when the Levothyroxine kicks in, I will lose some weight.

I'm 15, 5'1 and 96 pounds. I am not happy with my body, I wish I could gain about 15 pounds. Lots of people say I'm ugly because I "have the body of an 8 year old boy". I also often get mistaken for like 12 because I'm so short and skinny. I'm naturally thin, but I'm also tiny because when I first developed emet in 2nd grade I would go days without eating, so now since I grew up not eating much, I have a naturally small appetite(even though I love to eat, I just can't eat much at once). I do have a problem with eating, and I know it's anxiety related, but I'm not sure if it's specifically due to emet. Like I'll go through periods of time where I'll be really hungry, but just the thought of eating makes me anxious and I feel really disgusted and if I try eating I get really nauseous and I panic. So as for that question, kind of yes and kind of no.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Pomerenke View Post
    I'm 15, 5'1 and 96 pounds. I am not happy with my body, I wish I could gain about 15 pounds. Lots of people say I'm ugly because I "have the body of an 8 year old boy". I also often get mistaken for like 12 because I'm so short and skinny. I'm naturally thin, but I'm also tiny because when I first developed emet in 2nd grade I would go days without eating, so now since I grew up not eating much, I have a naturally small appetite(even though I love to eat, I just can't eat much at once). I do have a problem with eating, and I know it's anxiety related, but I'm not sure if it's specifically due to emet. Like I'll go through periods of time where I'll be really hungry, but just the thought of eating makes me anxious and I feel really disgusted and if I try eating I get really nauseous and I panic. So as for that question, kind of yes and kind of no.
    this time last year, i was only 4'10" and 88 pounds, and whenever i went out with friends i was constantly mistaken as the little sister. i was 15, but looked about 11- short, skinny, flat chested, and i had a young looking face. but throughout last year i had a massive growth spurt and haven't been mistaken as the kid sister for ages. (even though im still pretty short :P) the eating habits of an emet don't exactly help growing, but you will catch up eventually

Buy seltzer bottles unflavored, then buy those flavoring drops. Me and my kids love that stuff.

I'm really getting annoyed. I'm 5'1, and used to fluctuating naturally between 94-97 lbs without any actual effort. (I tend to eat very healthy just cause I prefer it). But since starting the NuvaRing 4 months ago, I've been steadily GAINING weight. I've started working out EVERY single day (Mostly kickboxing, Zumba, Yoga and crunches), and tracking my calories. I rarely go about 900 cals/day, but every time I step on the scale I am at my new heaviest weight. (today it was 104.2). I HATE the way I look because it's not an even distribution - it's basically 10 lbs on my belly and my butt. I've heard that I could be eating 'not enough' cals and going into starvation mode, but I haven't cut cals or eaten any differently than usual.

This is giving me a worse eating disorder than emet ever has!

I've giving it one more month and if I can't get myself under control I'm going off of the ring. Sorry to rant, but it's REALLY freaking me out. My mom and aunts are all over weight and I know I have tendencies towards EDs.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost a few pounds. I'm around 107 lbs now. Most definitely from not eating properly due to the almost constant nausea I've been having for a while now.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Im 5ft 8, weigh approx 120 lbs. I eat a lot, but I workout alot too. I would ideally like to be a little heavier, but cant seem to manage to put the weight on no matter what I eat. By contrast I come from a family of "larger" ladies so I am assuming that my metabolism may catch up with me a few more years down the line

I'm male but 6' maybe 6'1 and around 160 lbs. I've been as heavy as 215 and as light as 154-155. I start worrying about being overweight if I get above 185 and about malnutrition much below 155. I feel best between 160-170

I am 5'5", and the last I checked I was 111 pounds. "Normal" for me is about 130 pounds. I struggled with body image issues in high school, and was diagnosed with an eating disorder then. Now, my anxorexia/bulimia (laxatives) is entirely related to my emetophobia. It has been terrible the past two years, as I have struggled with being underweight and all of the side effects that ensue. I would love to gain weight at this point, because I can no longer do anything I love to do - exercise, eat good food, do things with my husband, etc. Ugh.

im 5'5 and currently 86lbs. i have a stomach disease called gastroparesis, a month ago i was at 83lbs and got a feeding tube and gained some finally. I am NOT happy at this weight my goal is to be 120 but i have never been over 114 in my life. i cant wait to be normal weight.

Hi Everyone! Just want to say Bravo to you all for posting your height and weight and not being afraid to. Especially with all of us, who are so understanding of each other. Be proud of who you are and the way you look...as one therapist used to say, " Don't weigh your self-esteem...it's what's inside that counts."

Anyway, I am a "petite" one here also, 5' 1" and 95 lbs. I, too, still struggle with some self-esteem issues. I think I'm too thin, frail, weak, just because I'm small. I can lose weight waaaaayyy to easily and have to fight just to keep it on. I always say that if I just take 2 less bites of a sandwich, I will lose a pound!! It's not fun at all though. When I'm anxious, I can't eat. Also, I am very careful with what and how much I eat due to this fear. Wish I was a little heavier, like 98 or so, just so I could feel a little "stronger." Does anyone else feel like you are weak because you're small?? I always think that everyone is stronger than me or like I wouldn't be able to defend myself if need be...weird.

I'm 5'6" and about 125lbs. At my lowest a few months ago, I was 119 and WAY too skinny. I'm really proud that I've gained some weight back (I wouldn't say I'm recovered, but I am doing 100% better than I was six months ago). I would be okay with weighing around 130, but I don't want to weigh more than 135. I like staying on the slender end.

At my heaviest ever, I was about 165 and felt I was too chubby. I think I look okay from 135 - 145, but feel I look best at 125 - low 130s.

I'm 4'11'' and about 100lbs. I have definitely suffered with anorexia in the past and still go through bouts of it... I always do try to stay under 104... at my lowest I was 70lbs. I have been much better since having kids since I know I need to take care of myself for them.