Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The Night-Time Thread (for those who are awake at all hours feeling sick/anxious)

I'm in bed right now and I have a feeling in my throat. It's like something needs to come up but nothing is there help

Default Re: The Night-Time Thread (for those who are awake at all hours feeling sick/anxious)

having really bad anxiety tonight. i have a bad cold which normally has nothing to do with v* but I'm keep thinking about getting sick in the middle of the night...what do you guys do to calm this thought? i wanna go to sleep but don't wanna wake up sicker

Im awake, not because of n* but because I like to stay up and these forums are good to express my thoughts.

UGH, who else could not sleep last night? I was up all night....

I was just sleeping soundly and was woken by my boyfriend calling to say he felt unwell.... I always make him tell me and he is a bit scared of getting sick himself so I feel bad for getting worked up but jeez he cut off after about a minute... And ten minutes on I feel like I'm having a heart attack, my heart is beating so fast and I'm shaking uncontrollably I need some help to calm down I've been trying to do breathing but I am too worked up... Help,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh View Post
    I was just sleeping soundly and was woken by my boyfriend calling to say he felt unwell.... I always make him tell me and he is a bit scared of getting sick himself so I feel bad for getting worked up but jeez he cut off after about a minute... And ten minutes on I feel like I'm having a heart attack, my heart is beating so fast and I'm shaking uncontrollably I need some help to calm down I've been trying to do breathing but I am too worked up... Help,,,,
    Have you spoken to him since? It might just be stomach cramps or something else other than SV*

I think this thread should be pinned. It's been a great help to me and i'm sure others too.

I haven't had any "all nighters" (as I call them, when you're awake practically all night which is such an uneasy/depressing feeling) since about 2 weeks ago. Although last night I did wake up and for about an hour I needed to burp, it just wouldn't come!

cant sleep tonight. went out with one of my friends tonight and we were sharing the same water bottle when after she told me that yesterday she was v* all day...but today she felt completely fine... im so anxious right now thinking that I could have caught the virus from her by drinking out of the same bottle as her today... i dont know what to do im just up all night crying and worrying that ill get sick.

Hi Hun,
    I'm in the same position as you. I was kissing my boyfriend yesterday an when he got home he became ill with d*. I read a book today and it said '90% of the things we worry about never actually happen' So let's both be strong and focus on something else. If it happens then it happens we will handle it. Stop worrying and scanning yor body for any sort of discomfort and try and fall asleep. X

"90% of the things we worry about never actually happen" , That statement alone is relaxing... thank you. im trying to just think positively. I wish she never told me though, then I wouldnt be worrying so much.

It is true that I overthink things but it's hard not too. At nighttime it always seems worse!

I'm feeling very anxious right now, worrying that I may have caught something. I've been having loose stools and gas since last night, and I've been feeling kind of n* all day. I felt n* during dinner about 5 hours ago but I still ate. Does this sound like noro at all? I'm questioning it because I've been feeling this way since last night.

I'm not sure if tonight will be an "all nighter" but I certainly can't see myself getting to sleep until late. I feel a bit anxious tonight and keep needing to burp (a recent cycle/habit i've got myself into) and that can make it really hard to be comfortable.

Meh. Let's see what happens

^ I have the same problem.. :/ With the burping thing anyway. I hate it, because sometimes I cannot tell if it's a burp or something else. I also don't like when they're trapped and you feel so nauseous because of it.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

This is my problem almost every night, it had become so common I refer to it as " The Nausea" but tonight it's worse. On Friday I got a sv and while I never actually v. When I get anxious at night I did this time. I was fine all day Saturday and today just a little weak but ate pretty much normal. But now I'm nauseous and I don't know if its my usual nightly anxiety or if I am going to v. Even tho it's been like 48 hours so I'd think I'd be out of the woods but...

Night for me is also the most annoying. I always think what if I wake up feeling ill. And then I always do around 5am. Pisses me off as then I'm tired for work. Anything you guys do to relax? Now I've joined when ever it kicks in I log on. Reading posts is calming for me as not many members have actually been ill. I hope noro cases fall now, it's not been in local papers today for once.

Coming here helps, even if I don't get a response right away, just the act of typing out how I am feeling. That being said, really, anything to keep your mind off it, playing games on your phone or something. I also find some stomach soothers such as candied ginger, tums, peppermint tea, etc. tend to help...partially I think because they do sooth the stomach, and partially because I think its sort of a placebo effect but whatever.....glad Noro cases have been going down, I got hit with it and since then havn't been as paranoid since I figured the worst was over....now I find out immunity only lasts a few weeks and I very well could get it again this year....its gonna be a looong night

I've been able to sleep better lately, and I have no idea why. I shouldn't really say anything as I may jinx it. I know for sure I won't get much sleep tonight, as I'll be thinking about having blood drawn tomorrow and I have a huge phobia of needles. Please kill me now.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

I'm new here. Have had emetophobia since I was 5. Always thought I was the only one until a few years ago. Good to know I'm not alone. It's 2 am here and i can't sleep because of weird feelings in my stomach/throat. Usually my mind tells me this means I have to v*. Sucking on mints helps but not enough. Really tired, wish I could sleep. Glad this thread is here.

Having bad anxiety tonight. Anyone still up?

I'm up..I've been up since 2 am yesterday with only about an hour or two nap. I'm soo tired but I feel nauseous.

I took my new medication tonight. It's making me feel restless. In combo with my other pills I'm extremely sleepy. But I think I'm so tired its making me nauseated. I know I need to go to sleep but I hate falling asleep nauseated. So I'm really having an anxiety attack. But I've had a real bad day so I shouldn't take anymore pills. I don't know what to do but sleep yet I'm scared too.

I am freaking out! Husband has v six or seven times this evening. He did not get a f,u shot but the kids and I did. He has a fever and body aches, I am sleeping on the couch. Will I get it?! My son was sick last Thursday night with sv, could we all just now get it? My hands are bleeding and peeling, I have washed them so much! Major panicking,

I'm anxious about taking my new medication again especially what I went through last night, but I know you have to keep taking it so it'll improve. I hate that. I wish they could give you something and poof it works.

@kelly the flu shot doesn't protect from the SV. I've heard of people getting it a week later. But that's because the virus comes out of the stool even after they are well. So if your son had it then hes probably still shedding it out if his body. So it can be possible that your husband got it from your son. But it seems that bug is everywhere so he could of got it anywhere. I hope you start to feel better. I hate the night time.

Lately my nights have been okay. I usually find this lasts in bouts though. I.e. could return, so I sort of make the most of being "normal" I guess.

Having a bad night. Went to the doctor today my diagnosis was fybromyalgia. It's almost 11 here and I feel super sleepy which is unusual for me at this time. I keep getting cramps but I also have a UTI and I stopped taking my antibiotics because they were making me feel worse and after 4 days on them I still wasn't feeling any relief. I just took a cranberry pill I hope it helps. I'm a mess. I'm stressing about being sleepy. Something so natural. Why does it cause so much distress?

Wish I had seen this last night! I have been having panic attacks almost nightly now. I'm here with you guys!

I had a bit of a night "like this" last night. I just needed to burp constantly and it made me feel sick, then I panicked etc. Kept waking up every few hours. Meh

Midnight here tonight. First time posting on this thread. Just had a very out of the blue d*. And this was just almost all liquid and now my stomach feels strange and I'm afraid it'll happen again. I have no idea what could have caused it other then eating ribs last night. I don't eat a lot of fatty meat. But I'm really scared because this never happens. I have a little bit of pain now, I don't feel nauseous yet... But I'm super scared that's what's coming and I have some kind of illness.

I've eaten a lot this evening and have felt fine until now. I am supposed to work a full day tomorrow and am really worried I will have to call in sick. I already left one shift early last week because of stomach pain... Sigh. I dont know how I will sleep. Sorry this got so long.

Hope you're feeling better eatingscaresme x