Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Chances of getting sv........

Hi, just wondering what you guys think the chances of getting an sv are if your not with anybody that has it, or has had it?. I a void the tube this time of year and my office, I work from home so I'm not near people. However I do go out every weekend. I just worry that stuff I touched I.e petrol pumps, food in supermarkets shop door handles are all covered in it. I wash my hands all the time, but still can't sleep well at nights like now..... Thanks x

Default Re: Chances of getting sv........

Hi Alex-London,

I sort of think that norovirus is on everything that other people have touched- so I over-estimate my chance of getting sv from normal activities and try to stay at home quite a lot!
    Obviously not everyone has norovirus- at the peak (so far) of this year's norovirus outbreak in the UK 1 in 50 people had the virus but some of those probably had reasonable hygiene and didn't pass the virus on and/or stayed at home until no longer contagious so the chances aren't that great.

Most people on here don't seem to be quite as anxious about touching door handles/things in shops and they still don't get ill so I think it's okay to just practice good hand hygiene and carry on doing normal things!

Worrying about everything you touch is letting noro rule your life.

If you wash hands like normal, keep hands out of your mouth, try not to have someone v.. or have d... in front of you...you chances of getting sick are greatly reduced. You should not try to live in a bubble. Relax, try to enjoy your life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

I have a mental list of things which I know are the most likely candidates and wash/sanitize after touching them. Gas pumps, shopping carts, and ATM machines are near the top of the list. It sounds like you are pretty careful with your hygiene, so you should be good. Besides, people who are out in the clubs are probably not ill or they would have stayed home. Have a great weekend!

Thanks for replies people. I don't put my hands in my mouth, and wash my hands when ever I come indoors from bring out. Just hope washing hands is enough