Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Been doing great recently, but having a bad day today.

I honestly thought my phobia was getting better, silly me. I've not been on this site since Christmas time, I've been sleeping at night, I eat out, I eat all the time now, I'm always hungry! I've gained weight, I very rarely feel N*, I don't panic anymore and I applied for a job and to start college, which is something this phobia has held me back from. But today I'm feeling hopeless. It started yesterday, I woke up feeling full and didn't eat as much as I usually do. I was up till 5am this morning and then woke up after 8. I woke up feeling empty, but really N*. I shrugged it off and got ready but as the days going on I'm feeling worse. I'm not hungry at all really, the thought of food isn't appealing to me, I've only managed to eat not even half a cup of soup. I'm really pale looking, like almost green, I have a headache, I'm cold and the N* just keeps coming in waves, its at its worst when I stand up. However, I don't have a sore tummy, or body aches or anything, and I've had bm twice today (which is unusual for me to go twice a day) but those were both normal, no D*. So this could just be anxiety right? Or I'm maybe just shattered from sleeping bad last night? I've not really ate anything bad and I've not been around anyone with a virus, but cause I've been doing better I've been out a lot and not washing my hands as much. Argh, hopefully this will only last today, I really don't want this phobia to go back to how bad it used to be!

Default Re: Been doing great recently, but having a bad day today.

Hey, could it be you're coming down with something like a cold? I know that a day before I get cold symptoms, I don't sleep well and I get that "full" feeling and not being hungry. Or maybe a migraine? Would explain the nausea with the headache. If that's the case, sleeping would help.

Sometimes we just have bad days. It does not mean that all of recovery has flown out the window. Keep fighting!

Hope you are feeling better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

One bad day does not throw out months of work. It's just a bad day. Tomorrow or even later today, you'll get back on track.

It could be the start of the regular flu or a cold, it could be stress related, or maybe it's just one of those random things. Stay calm, relax, and I think you'll be fine It's great you're starting to recover, I think that gives hope to a lot of people here. Keep fighting it, it might not be your day but this is gonna be your year

Yeah I suppose it could be a cold, I've just got rid of the cold though. And usually before I get a cold my throat hurts and my bones ache, but I've not had any of those today. I'm still feeling pretty yuck, although I ate a cookie and some crisps, and I'm going to attempt to eat my curry soon. If I can eat I guess I'm fine. Thanks so much for everyones replies.