Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default so anxious! help please.

The stomach flu has been going around at school and a lot of people I've been around have gotten it. I feel nautious right now and I am so worried that I'm going to v*. I really need some support right now to get myself through the night..

Default Re: so anxious! help please.

How does the thought of food sound? Any food at all, your favourite treat?

It sounds to me like you are likely anxious, and that the night is doing what it does for most emets.. increase anxiety Just keep washing hands, don't touch your face without washing, and you'll be good!

My big test for myself is to have some water. If I don't v from that, I'm not sick. Usually I logically know I'm not, so these tests help me prove to myself its all in my head

I would really recommend distracting yourself with tv, funny YouTube videos, a game, music, book, etc. Also work on breathing long and slow, in through nose, hold, out through mouth.

Sounds like anxiety. If you feel it getting out of control, you can take a benedryl or even a dramamine and watch some tv or something distracting like above poster suggested. Sometimes our brains take over and it's hard to stop it. I have a script for valium and when I get to that point, I take one and it all goes away. It's rare to get to that point but I feel better knowing I have something I can take to calm me down. I sometimes get myself SO worked up that nothing else helps.