Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default n* from anxiety? Medicine? or is it something else?

I've been quite n* all day. I was starving for lunch which made me happy but then I ate and brought myself back into the n*. I've been taking some antibiotics for over a week as my doctor has told me. Not sure what they are called but I heard they can make you n*. I had the anti biotic about 8 hours ago, would it still be making me n*? I took an anti emetic and have been drinking tea and trying my best. I could be making myself n* from thinking about it so much. So worried here. I haven't been out in public for 2 days, so I wouldn't have anything right? Please give me some advice and help me to be rational!

Thank you so much.

Default Re: n* from anxiety? Medicine? or is it something else?

I have had antibiotics for a number of things over the years (strep throat, wisdom teeth, UTI, etc.) and never vomited and at worst had mild upset in my stomach. So, maybe it is all your worry that is making you sick. Everyone is different, but I think the worry is probably 75% of your nausea. It has been a while since I have had antibiotics, but usually you should eat a little something with them. Has the worry prevented you from eating with the medicine? Maybe that is making you feel sick.