Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dad just got sick, nervous

Lysol wipes don't kill it. You need to use a bleach solution. Hope your doing ok.

What kind should I use? Do you have a link for how to easily make it?

1/4 cup bleach to 2 1/4 cups water. I keep it in a spray bottle.. you should be able to find one the cleaning supplies section at the store.

http://cysticfibrosis.about.com/od/l.../ht/bleach.htm

My mom knew how to made it thankfully. I sprayed the doorknobs, light swtiches, and my bathroom, so that should kill the germs. She's gonna clean her room now.

This may be a dumb question, but can I be by my dogs? They were with my mom a lot the past day, and I don't know if their fur could have germs.

I don't think I'm gonna get it. It's been about 30 hours, and the only thing that happenedwas me going to the bathroom loose and watery a few times, which was probably from nerves. I have been a nervous wreck the past day, only getting about 4 hours of sleep due to high anxiety.

Also, should Wet Ones wipes be an ok substitute for when I need to quickly clean my hands? One of my fingers is real chapped, and if I keep washing it, it will get worse.

Bleach is best. Or Lysol brand III spray. Keep hanging in there!!

i think you'll be okay - but i'd keep up the vigilance for a few more days - and, as always, keep washing the hands, particularly before using them to eat. i also sprayed the water in my toilet as that seems like "ground zero" for noro. hang in there!!

I probably would have gotten it by now. It's been about 50 hours and I'm feeling fine. My mom went downstairs, but she washed her hands before and after.

Is it okay to use the bleach solution on my laptop and iphone? Would it damage it? I'm also thinking about getting some Lysol III, does anyone know if it comes on wipe form?

Should my mom spray bleach again since she touched stuff downstairs? Is it okay if she coughs? She hasn't v* since wednesday morning.

Luckily I just checked the lysol can that I'm using, and it says that it's the III version.
    Last edited by Kenny220; 02-01-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Sorry to bump this, but I need to know something.

If that D* was noro, and I still have the underwear in my bathroom, what should I do? Throw the whole hamper that its in out? Am I now immune for a few weeks if I did have a touch of it? I just don't want the virus in my bathroom, and I have been using my phone and laptop which might now have the germs. Does anyone know if the bleach solution is okay to use to clean those?
    Last edited by Kenny220; 02-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.

I wouldn't use bleach on my computer. It might melt the plastic and damage the circuits. Alcohol is a better option for cleaning electronics. I know it doesn't kill noro, but considering you are the only person that uses it, it probably doesn't have noro on it. Just throw your underwear in the washer and wash them on hot with the recommended amount of soap. Any laundry detergent will work. You can clean out the empty hamper itself with the bleach solution. There's no reason to get rid of your clothes or damage your computer.

Noro is not airborne or transfered in saliva. She may cough for a number of reasons, but none of them involve noro. Since she is a vigilant handwasher herself, your mom is most likely not spreading germs anywhere. It sounds like she's very careful.

You're doing everything you can to prevent the spread of noro. I can't imagine anyone else in your family will get it with both you and your mother bleaching everything.

The problem is that I do use my laptop and iphone while I'm on the toilet sometimes,and some of the D particles could have gotten on them. I dont want the virus staying on either if it was that.

If you have some of the wet wipes that have bleach in them, you can probably get away with using them on your electronic equipment. Wipe carefully and use a slightly damp rag or wet wipe and maybe you can get away with it. My husband and my jobs were electronics repair in the military. I am cautious even about advising this because computers and phones are so expensive to replace. Good luck.

Thanks. I decided to use Lysol III spray on both because of this post http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...510#post452510 , and they're not damaged.

I sprayed my bathroom with Mr. Clean bleach, which says kills noro on the back, so I think it should be gone if I had that little touch.

I used Lysol 3 and it didn't damage anything so that should take care of any germs.

Should I be worried about getting food out from places, or am I just being too cautious and overreacting?

It has to be bleach. Lysol or clorox wipes do not work. A lysol spray or a bleach spray is fine. the sv can live on surfaces for up to two weeks so your mom could have picked it up 5 days later, or if your father prepared any food for her. Just make your own meals, and bleach door knobs, remote controls,fridge doors, light switches, stair rails, door handles etc. and do not touch your face for any reason. also was your hands for 20 seconds in luke warm water after using the restroom and before eating. you are doing great! check out this website www.stopthetomachbug.com. It has some great tips

I don't think it should be in the house any more really. My mom cleaned counter tops, doorknobs, and light switches with bleach, and I have been spraying lysol. I think I would have gotten it by now. It's been 5 days. I won't eat anything my mom makes until Tuesday just to be safe.

By the sounds of it, your house is really clean.