Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My new year resolution

First of all, happy new year!

I thought I could share with you my lonely new year resolution: in 2013, I'll try new foods every week and won't stop trying until I find one I like. Next week, the same thing. By the end of 2013, I'll be eating 52 new things.

My first week is done: Cherry. I think I'm going to try some nuts and fish.

Anyway, Im sharing this with you, my friends, because I want you to make sure I don't stop trying. You also could suggest me some foods. I barely eat, so tell me your favourites and I may try it!

Going to get fish, nuts or pig.
    Bye!
    Last edited by Ana Bellini; 12-31-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: My new year resolution

Yum....just had chicken wings myself

I tried cashews and Para nuts because my brother told me that pig wasn't good and the fish was fully eaten before I could gain courage to try it.
    Last edited by Ana Bellini; 12-31-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

how was it?

Fish is good! You should try some next week
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

mexican cornbread u would love it

Sushi! Start with California rolls then go from there. Delish - and SO healthy.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Pizza. If that's not one of your foods already.

MMMMM I second pizza and sushi!! California rolls actually have no raw fish in them, just avocado, cucumber, and fake crab. They are my favorite!

My favorites are potato chips and M Ms. If those aren't already on your 'eat' list, add them now
    Good luck with your resolution!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

BACON! Bacon is amazing. I love pasta with some bacon, tomato sauce and cheese. So comforting and if you add some green veg then it's a bit healthy too!

I liked cashew, but Pará nuts just don't have a flavor at all. I won't mind eating it if I really have to, but I won't eat it willing.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Pizza, bacon and fish were good ones. I think I have to eat fish before I eat sushi. Mexican cornbread? I don't think I have heard of it before. I'll google it. I'm going to try coarse rice instead of the normal rice next time we have it here. My family got some mangos today, should I try one?

In a few years, you'll be off to college and I'm trying to think of what I ate a lot of back then. Pizza was a big one. Have your tried nachos? Personally, I am not fond of mangos, but my nieces love them.

Mangos, yum. Never had them till I found some on clearance when my son was eating jar baby food. They were good. He was having a hard time eating, so I had to take some bites to get him to try it. I have had them not pureed either, with the peel and everything. I did not eat the peel but the fruit was good. Papayas are good too. I find they are a little similar to mangos. Have you tried hummus yet (there are quite a few spellings of the word)? My son loves hummus.

I love mangos with sweet waffles and ice cream.

That's such a good resolution. Try feta cheese if you haven't already... my favourite! I just want to work hard and do my best in everything this year - uni, this phobia, learning new things etc.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

MMM feta. Lasagna or stuffed shells. Deviled eggs. Crab cakes. Steak!

Unless I feel ill, my emet doesn't affect my eating. I have full confidence in my stomach-of-steel and LOVE to try new foods. It's definitely one of life's big joys - just think - you're new favorite food may be right around the corner!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

That's a great resolution! Good for you!

Update: I tried mini carrots, pomegranate and strawberry icecream this week. Pomegranate is fine, strawberry is good, but mini carrots are too sweet.

Never had pomegranate. I may have to try it.

Try mini carrots with ranch dip. Yum.

I had a similar New Years resolution last year, to try new things, so I tried Kangaroo. I don't know if you'd be able to get it where you are, but that was delicious. I like going to restaurants from different countries whose food I've never tried before. Next week, I'm trying Egyptian food
    Come visit my history blog:

Thank goodness they seldom serve goat in the US, because it tastes like it smells. Other than that, Egyptian food is good. I lived there for six months.

I'm so proud of you, Ana. You're really getting there. Way to go!

Oooh, I got told they have an amazing dish made with Quail. You lived in Egypt? That's pretty awesome
    Come visit my history blog:

Here I am again!

Last week I tried sole.

Today I tried two foods: Mapará fillet (fish) which is ok, much better than sole, and Fried Cream Cake, which is way too sweet for me.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kick emets a....

Update: Two weeks ago I tried and liked olive oil (what isn't a food, but well) and wheat pasta. Nothing this week so far, maybe another fish. Or pineapples, we bought some nice ones.

You'll love pineapples. They are delicious.