Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default what kills noro??

I'm going on a plane tomorrow and i was wondering if there are any travel cleaning products other than bleach, like wipes for example. just so i can wipe down my seat tray and armrests and whatnot

Default Re: what kills noro??

Well I thought WetOnes were supposed to kill it, but apparently not. Other than bleach, I do not know of any other products that kill noro.
    I live in Australia so I don't have access to a lot of the American products that supposedly target noro such as Germstar (I think thats it?) and Lysol products.

To be honest, just take WetOnes with you and use them in between regular handwashing. Besides I really think the plane would be cleaned thoroughly beforehand.

Hi Emmabean,

Unfortunately wipes don't kill noro, including most clorox wipes. The woman that runs stopthestomachflu.com has a whole page on information. Although clorox does have wipes that are made with bleach is sold but its not sold in stores. You have to buy it online. Lysol will kill noro but only the spray.

Wetones will not kill Noro, including on the hands. =( I found this out earlier this month and I was crushed. If you're looking for hand sanitizer, I suggest going with Germ-x or Pampers Kandoo foam sanitizer.

Here is a link to her website, she has much more info than I can give here. http://www.stopthestomachflu.com/Hom...ch-flu-viruses

Good luck!!!

I just had an idea that you can do. Since, if I remember correctly, you can't take liquid on board larger than whatever ounces. You could take paper towels in a zip lock bag with a small amount of bleach and water mixture in it.

I'm pretty sure that will work =)

I have read that Benzethonium Chloride kills noro. I just bought some Germ-X wipes made with BC.

Diversey makes a product called OxivirTb, its really a commercial product but you can order it online. It comes in liquid spray form and wipe form. It barely has a smell to it and kills Norovirus and just about every other bug out there.

Iv`e read that hydrogemn peroxide can kill noro, I bought a boottle for 99p, & soaked some baby wipes with it to take with me wherever I go.