Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It always hits Texas last.

So, I get to work this morning and check my email first, and somebody has sent a mass email about Norovirus and how it was in the workplace and how to avoid it. I knew a lot of my coworkers have been sick.

So after that little bit of a panic moment, I get a phone call from my coworker, she said she can't come in because she just v* in her car while she was driving in.

Way to start my day with panic.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: It always hits Texas last.

Ugh! I'm sorry! I had to deal with this myself a few months ago (just before Christmas). Just make sure you are washing your hands, don't let anyone into your workspace if at all possible (don't let them use your computer/phone/stapler etc.) and if you can get a bleach based cleaning solution you might want to sanitize any common door handles or surfaces. You'll get through this because you have the knowledge you need to get through it...most people don't....keep saying that to yourself.

Oh that sucks I'm in dallas too and I thought it was getting better here. I know at my kids school it has been better. Oh well not much we can do except keep our hands clean and pray for the best.

OH MY GOD TODAY IS THE DAY FROM HELL. I work at a hotel answering phones so EVERYTHING is shared. But back to it being the day from hell, one of the bellmen just came back here and said that he just v* and now I hear him spitting in a trash can in the next room. I swear, God is testing my anxiety or something today.

another reason I want to move...

Quote Originally Posted by jadeshine View Post
    OH MY GOD TODAY IS THE DAY FROM HELL. I work at a hotel answering phones so EVERYTHING is shared. But back to it being the day from hell, one of the bellmen just came back here and said that he just v* and now I hear him spitting in a trash can in the next room. I swear, God is testing my anxiety or something today.
    Omg you poor thing! Hang in there.

My hands are bright red from the washing I've been doing all day.

What a terrible day! It sounds like you''re doing all you can to avoid it. I had hoped from your posts that everyone had mainly gotten it and it had passed on through your workplace. I'm a bit surprised they didn't send the bellboy home.

I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

I'd be so pissed. I hate when people go to work when they are sick. It's not fair to those who do everything they can to prevent themselves from being sick...

I KNOW! The girl that called in was like, "I v*ed in my car but I'm going to come in, I'll just be late so I can clean myself up," and I was like, "NO. NO. NO. You turn your car around and go back home right now." Hahah.

I wasn't the manager on duty anymore when the bellman got sick, so I couldn't send him home or I would have had him packing too! If it were up to me I would shut down and bleach clean the whole place and make everyone isolate for 48 hours, shower, then come back to work.

Please tell me the guy went home! This is why these viruses spread so much because of people like them. Why would you even want to go to work when your sick ugh.

Nope, he stayed his whole shift. I would have sent him home, but by the time he was sick MY boss was the manager on duty so I had no say. I didn't see him much after but I touched the same door knobs and stuff. I tried to use my blazer sleeve. And I washed my hands a lot. He better not be at work tomorrow. Neither of them!

Also, since you're in Dallas, I've heard the SMU area is getting hit hard, so you might want to avoid it if you can!

Jade, you sound like a sharp woman. Hotel manager, at a place that has bellmen, wear a blazer.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeshine View Post
    Also, since you're in Dallas, I've heard the SMU area is getting hit hard, so you might want to avoid it if you can!
    SMU not sure what that is I just moved here from Chicago last April.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    SMU not sure what that is I just moved here from Chicago last April.
    I'm guessing that means Southern Methodist University in Dallas?? I could be wrong though. I'm here in the Dallas area as well......I'm based down here at DFW for work BUT I was born and raised in Chicago. I still live there just commute back and forth.

Yep, Southern Methodist University! And thanks for the compliment Doug, but I'm just a front office supervisor, nothing special!

I am so old I remember SMU from the tv show Dallas. Lucy Ewing went there.