Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help

Default Help

I'm staying over an hour away from home tonight at a friends house, I've been around her and her family who are all 'ill' with colds but they've been got pretty hard by it. I've been in bed for 3 hours, asleep for about 45mins and have woken up with my stomach churning, having a panic attack. I've tried everything to stop it but nothing's working. I'm so worried I'm going to be sick when I'm away from home and ill have to get a train home whilst ill! I never realised I'd hate being away fro home so much!

Default Re: Help

I think it's just anxiety from being away from home. Everyone in my house has colds right now and we have not had any stomach issues and my daughter always dose. Can you go outside and get some fresh air? Maybe try some deep slow breathes. I get that a lot within the first hour of falling asleep. Its always anxiety too.

Default Re: Help

I'm sure it is anxiety. If you mediate or watch tv or read, try one of your relaxation techniques and see if you can't get back to sleep. it would be a shame to go home and cut your fun short.