Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling a bit doomed...

I work in an elementary school. I THOUGHT the season was winding down and I hadn't heard of kids going home with noro lately. Ha,..I shouldn't have said that b/c this week has been the worst.

Kids are literally v all over the hallways.

I don't wear my shoes inside the house and I change my clothes as soon as I get home. But, I have 2 kids in elementary schools (not the one I work at, thank God) and a baby in daycare. I feel like we are doomed to get it at some point. Gah!!

Default Re: Feeling a bit doomed...

Hi sdd, I work at an elementary school too. The kids here are just as bad. You have to remember that what the kids are getting sick from isn't always noro, they can get rota, or something else. With having children of your own, it is scarier, but as long as you teach them about good hygiene from early on, and remember that hygiene yourself, you should be fine.

Even if one of your kids does get it, that doesn't mean you will. Try not to let it get you down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. I'm trying...but this season is just making me crazy. My daughter said one of her friends threw up at recess today too.

I can hardly sleep at night. I'm jumping up at every little noise just sure that one of my kids is up throwing up!

i know how you feel. my son is goes to preschool and every day i feel like it's bound to happen. that doomed feeling SUCKS. i can't imagine having to see v* in the hallways. i'm sorry you have to deal with that! hang in there...