Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default pills on an empty stomach

I sometimes read that people have vted from taking pills on an empty stomach. This does sound strange to me as I don`t know of any drugs that can`t be taken on an empty stomach, in fact most medicines are supposed to be taken before eating, so how does someone get sick from this, do they have extra sensitive stomachs?

Default Re: pills on an empty stomach

I know I feel sick if I don't take antibiotics without food. You must have a strong stomach.

Well, the pills that I`m taking for a thyroid condition absolutely must be taken at least half an hour before eating, otherwise they don`t work.

Any antibiotics I've had to take were always tolerated much better with food - that's how they were prescribed. "Take with food".

My daily multivitamin/mineral tablet, if I don't have a full stomach, it makes me very nauseous because of the minerals in there, especially the iron. But if I eat, I feel nothing.

N is a side effect of many medications if not taken with food. I am on a med that I absolutely must take with food or I will be really sorry. This information should be available on the package labeling and your doctor or pharmacist should let you if the medications you take need to be taken with food.

Well the only thing I have in my medicine cabinet that requires food is ibuprofen and codeine. Those can do some serious damage to the stomach lining and cause ulcers if food is not on the tummy. Other then that, I just habitually take my vitamins after eating because thats just how I have always taken them. I don't know if they would make me ill if I didn't.

If I recall correctly there are particular pills that can do this. I had to take some pills about a year ago that needed food in my stomach - though if I never ate anything I'd just feel somewhat ill, never got actually sick.

ive had a cold all week and been taking pills on an empty stomach. I also take my thyroid pills without food, no problems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.